LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for Quadro FX Go700?

Guest shardy

Hi, I'm a bit of a Newbie here so forgive me if I miss out anything important! I recently had to re-format my Dell M60, and am now unable to find a working driver for the Quadro FX Go700 graphics card! I do not use the laptop for gaming, but instead mainly for work and watching video (hooked up to my TV through the S-Video out). I have tried the drivers supplied by Dell, but the video doesn't work, the sound plays fine but the video playback seems to be in slow motion when hooked up to the TV. I have also tried several drivers from this site but with varying degrees of success - on most the video plays back on the laptop, but media players appear blank on the TV!

I am currently using the 81.85 display driver as this is best I have found so far. The video at least plays on both screens, although it freezes momentarily about every 1-2 minutes. I know that there are drivers out there that work as everything was fine before the r-format. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm getting really frustrated! Thanks in advance,

Sam

Uninstall your drivers and try the 82.10 driver with the Dell INF (do not replace with Pieters inf), it has support for your card. (works really nice on mine)

To get video to work correctly you might have to enable the VMR option in the control panel. If it is not there go to this topic.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7386

If you like this driver I might go and mod the Dell INF for it to include support for all the features.

Uninstall your drivers and try the 82.10 driver with the Dell INF (do not replace with Pieters inf), it has support for your card. (works really nice on mine)

To get video to work correctly you might have to enable the VMR option in the control panel. If it is not there go to this topic.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7386

If you like this driver I might go and mod the Dell INF for it to include support for all the features.

Hi Bill

Thanks for your advice, I had tried the 82.10 driver before and suffered the blue screen on a few occasions so tried many different drivers. However I took your advice, followed your instructions and so far everything has been working well for 4 days. There is still a very slight glitch when watching video, but it only lasts for a split second now so is easily watchable, and no blue screens so far! Thanks very much for the advice!

I do like the driver, so I'd certainly use the extra features if you do decide to Mod the Dell INF, many thanks once again,

Sam

The glitch is supposed to be there, both my dell cards, no matter what driver have to initialize the proper TV display mode.

Its normal, even if the screen turns funky colors for half a second, as long as it works you shouldn't worry about funny looking half second screen colors. (I should post a pic of what mine looks like lol)

As for the pimped out Dell 82.10 INF, go bug me and John in this topic, one of us will eventually get around to it.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6972

LOL, as I say, i'm happy with this driver now so I certainly won't be worrying about any minor glitches that do occur. Over a week now with no video problems and no blue screen!

Thanks once again, prepare to be bugged in he other thread!

Sam