LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Where to Buy nvidia quadro4 700go GL 64MB

Denevil

FYI this is where I purchased a nvidia quadro4 700go GL 64MB laptop card for a Dell 8100 part# 6X935.

http://www.servicesource.co.uk/

On the phone I told them I had an 8200, they couldnt lookup the card by description, but did find it with the part number, it cost about 140 pounds.

Just letting everyone know that I haven't died, but school work has gotten me extremely busy. But to keep everyone informed, I am ordering a Quadro4 GoGL 700 64MB card as well. I will let you know once I get it and install it. I will also let you know if the seller is actually a reputable one. He is selling it for me for about $220 USD.

John

hi welcome back Kamikaz007 (first try, no copy&paste :) ),

*Upgrade P4-M to 2.6 (max it out)

my thought, too. But still have warranty on Laptop and it's difficult to find the 2,6 in online retailer shops at least here in GERmany. The longer i/you wait the more difficult it gets to find the P4-M CPU. ######

___

edit: WRONG spelled, sorry Kamika007z

Edited by dontknow

Thanks dontknow! How are ya? How's my old Teraphy buddy doing these days? And good 'ol Pieter! Anywho... the 2.6Ghz is actually rediculously expensive (it's around $800 USD if I remember correctly), so I'd wait on that. I wouldn't be too worried about them becoming rare, people will always carry it one way or another. :)

Alternatively, you can check on PriceWatch and search for 2.6Ghz P4-M

John

Hey Kamika007z,

What kind of temps are you getting on the P4M-2.6Ghz idle and under load? I'm getting about 70C idle and like it's choking the machine on full load... And welcome back! :)

Hey Almighty, my mistake I knew there was another forum moderator that I slipped my mind! How are you? :P About the P4M-2.6Ghz, I don't have it... yet. Something tells me it'll be a while before I do, it's quite harsh when it comes to the price :-\ How much did you spend for it? Also!!! How did you get 2 GB RAM ON THAT INSPY-ron :) I saw someone that had 1.5 on the dell|talk forums, so I thought 2 is possible. Where did you get the ram from? I'm so intrigued. :)

Also about your tempurature problem... Have you tried using Artic Silver 5 thermal compound on your cpu? I heard it works wonders! (ok ok I'm using it :( )

John

Almighty1 your employer has millions of gallons of liquid Hydrogen.

Now this could cool your baby down somewhat, now with that much cooling would the circuitry turn to a super conductor ?

Now one draw back is, DONT smoke or make any sparks, better yet fill the living room with Helium :)

Pieter

Hey Almighty, my mistake I knew there was another forum moderator that I slipped my mind! How are you? :( About the P4M-2.6Ghz, I don't have it... yet. Something tells me it'll be a while before I do, it's quite harsh when it comes to the price :-\ How much did you spend for it? Also!!! How did you get 2 GB RAM ON THAT INSPY-ron :) I saw someone that had 1.5 on the dell|talk forums, so I thought 2 is possible. Where did you get the ram from? I'm so intruged. :)

Also about your tempurature problem... Have you tried using Artic Silver 5 thermal compound on your cpu? I heard it works wonders! (ok ok I'm using it :P )

John

I'm fine John... How are you? I guess I thought you had the 2.6Ghz already... I didn't spend anything as it was paid by my employer... heh. As for 2GB RAM, it uses the same RAM as the Precision M50 and there was some guy on the Dell forums who thought I was BSing and then someone else tried it and it worked! I got the ram from Dell Software&Peripherals which was shipped by Micron. I'm using Nanotherm PCM+ even though I had AS3 before. Maybe time for AS5... That's AS5 and not arse. :(

Almighty1 your employer has millions of gallons of liquid Hydrogen.

Now this could cool your baby down somewhat, now with that much cooling would the circuitry turn to a super conductor ?

Now one draw back is, DONT smoke or make any sparks, better yet fill the living room with Helium :)

Pieter

Hehe, I think I'll have the first notebook that can actually fly to the moon! :)

Does anyone know if its possible to increase the memory and CPU on an 8100 beyond 1.2Ghz 512MB Ram ?

... hopeful but not holding ma breath ;-)

1.2Ghz is as fast as the PIII-M got.

You might be able to put 2 x 512MB PC133 Mhz sticks in to get 1024MB.

This I can't be sure on, it's apperenly possible on my Gateway (same specs as i8100)

But not all RAM are born the same, and you take a gamble if they'll work on your machine.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Here is a guy, who apparently has collected some experiences with VideoCard upgrades on DELL machines. Very interesting and detailed!. Nice table.

http://www.bay-wolf.com/videoupgrade.htm

I'm fine John... How are you?  I guess I thought you had the 2.6Ghz already...  I didn't spend anything as it was paid by my employer... heh.  As for 2GB RAM, it uses the same RAM as the Precision M50 and there was some guy on the Dell forums who thought I was BSing and then someone else tried it and it worked!  I got the ram from Dell Software&Peripherals which was shipped by Micron.  I'm using Nanotherm PCM+ even though I had AS3 before.  Maybe time for AS5... That's AS5 and not arse.  :)

About the M50 ram modules, that's awesome. I will definitely look into that. Thank you! :) Ask your employer for another 2.6Ghz, I'll buy it off of you. (seriously, can you? PM me) For artic silver 5, I heard it's pretty good. They never made an AS4 because in Japan 4 is an unlucky number. :P

John

1.2Ghz is as fast as the PIII-M got.

You might be able to put 2 x 512MB PC133 Mhz sticks in to get 1024MB.

This I can't be sure on, it's apperenly possible on my Gateway (same specs as i8100)

But not all RAM are born the same, and you take a gamble if they'll work on your machine.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Pieter and Denevil,

I believe the fastest cpu Intel made for the p3-m was a 1.33Ghz... But it wasn't fully released mainstream, just around Taiwan if I'm not mistaken. Take a look here:

Intel Pentium 3-M

As for the ram, I bet it sounds feasible. :)

John

I'm fine John... How are you?  I guess I thought you had the 2.6Ghz already...  I didn't spend anything as it was paid by my employer... heh.  As for 2GB RAM, it uses the same RAM as the Precision M50 and there was some guy on the Dell forums who thought I was BSing and then someone else tried it and it worked!   I got the ram from Dell Software&Peripherals which was shipped by Micron.  I'm using Nanotherm PCM+ even though I had AS3 before.  Maybe time for AS5... That's AS5 and not arse.  :)

About the M50 ram modules, that's awesome. I will definitely look into that. Thank you! :) Ask your employer for another 2.6Ghz, I'll buy it off of you. (seriously, can you? PM me) For artic silver 5, I heard it's pretty good. They never made an AS4 because in Japan 4 is an unlucky number. :P

John

Hmm, I'll try but it's almost a year now so I don't know for sure... The funny thing is Micron didn't have their own modules available so the modules were all Elpida made modules. Elpida is the largest RAM manufacturer of Japan and is basically NEC+Hitachi+Mitsubishi merged together.

Elpida's Website

Yeah, Arctic Silver never made a 4 as 4 is a unlucky number in a lot of Asian countries, same reason Canon didn't make a PowerShot G4 digital camera when they went from a G3 to G5 directly while that didn't do anything to IBM/Apple/Motorola with their G4 CPU/Machines or Nikon with their Professional

F4 SLR Camera.

Here is some screenshots I took in August 31, 2003...

DellInspiron8200-2GBRAM.jpg

DellInspiron8200-2GBRAM-P4M-2.6GHz.jpg

DellInspiron82002GBRAMSiSoft.jpg

Yeah if you could find out, please let me know. PM me if it's possible.

Thanks

or email me,

Kamika007z@hotmail.com

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Quadro4 700 GoGL (I purchased a defective one for 30 bucks) and it's showing crazy artifacts on bootup. It seems to be a heat issue because it gets really hot. If I can repair this, then that would be great. If I can't I guess I'm buying a good one. The seller offered to take the 30 dollars off of one if I decide to buy a non-defective one.

• 2 weeks later...

The seller's name is "computer-xs.co.uk" find him on eBay and send him an email. :)

John

Guest TurkishPride

I can supply some of these cards and ship them from Turkey, they are high quality cards, with case and boxes.

They are around 400$ U.S.