LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for FX Go 5650 is 56.72

Guest Justin Anderson

Guest Justin Anderson

Hi - I've been doing extensive testing of all different driver versions with Far Cry and Pool Paradise using my Insprion 8600 with 128MB GeForce FX Go 5650 and I can report that the best version in terms of performance and quality is 56.72.

With the later drivers, the graphics on both games get corrupted and don't implement advanced effects correctly - In Far Cry the Treehouse level gets some severe popup and fogging issues whilst in Pool Paradise the ball reflection doesn't work at all.

I am pleased to say that 56.72 is the latest version of the driver that works correctly and I am now enjoying Far Cry exactly how its meant to look!

Cheers Justom

Those are probably the regualr drivers, not the Starstorm version. I have the same video card as Justin Anderson and I noticed that with Starstorm Performance/Quaity, I actually suffered a small decrease in performance.

Guest Justin Anderson

Yep - it was the regular drivers that I used...

I will use the Treehouse level of Far Cry with all future driver tests because there are effects that 56.72 displays that just aren't there with other drivers.

Guest 4speed

Justin Anderson- I agree! I just loaded these on my 8600 & they are a lot better than the last version of stock Dell video drivers. Thanks for sharing that info.! :)

StarStorm drivers seem to add a little zing to older GPUs.

The more modern GPUs (4200go +) seem to have a slight performance drop.

Pieter.