LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Smart Dimmer Page Found

mobilenvidia

First of all thanks to an Ranier with his Sony go6200 based laptop for posting his findings @ TweaksRus.com

He was able to get the smart Dimmer Page up with his laptop using Sony's 70.83 driver that came with machine.

He was unable to get this enabled in any other driver since that one.

This driver and 2 others from Sony have the tweaks inside them to enable this page.

We found this driver sometime ago but couldn't get into the file (Sony go6200 only).

But with this promising page, I persevered and was able to get into 70.87 and from here piece together the bits needed to enable it for all.

After some testing I found the bits to enable all the setting, even the original Sony settings don't enable everything

From v31.07 (FW 81.89 32 and 64 bit)of my modded INFs this feature will be enabled.

It will mean installing Forceware driver with the modded INF as the tweak is not easily applied with just a registry tweak.

It should work for both desktop (not tested) and laptop (tested), any results good or bad enacouraged.

I'm not sure wether it only applies to LCD panels, but I'm hoping you guys can found out and reply with your findings.

This page will probably only work as it should with 6x00 or greater GPU's, the slider for me only works with it completely off (nearly a black screen) or any other setting is full brightness.

Below is a picture of the new Smart Dimmer Page that before was only available to a select few.

smartdimmer.jpg

Pieter, these are great news, thanks for your testing to enable CoolBits SD :) for all Laptops. Seems you couldn't resist to let SONY users the only ones who can enjoy this fine page.

Another long hidden page in the CPL is unreveiled. There may be others ...

Btw TOSHiBA had released another v73.40 for Tecra and it contains the following entries which catched my eye:

HKR,, RMTvoPedestalMS, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, RMTvoWhitepointMS, %REG_DWORD%, 0

Anyone knows what these are for?

®®®

Cheers Rene.

While my testing partition is setup I may just test those values to see if anything pops up on my machine.

Come back soon :)

I haven't checked this out myself. The question above is: is it possible to activate without installing the driver (in summary -- don't make fun of me Rene :) )?

You might be able to.

The HKR line EnableBrightnessControl must add some settings to the HKLM.../nvtweak/state section of the registrty when installed.

You could add these manually not tested to see if this works.

Also some other HKLM settings rerquired to enable all the sliders, this can be done at any time and have instant affects.

I've NVAIO'd v82.04, a mobile driver from ASUS for all their NVIDIA driven Laptops:

It's uploaded. And available for download (16MB).

®®®

I get the smart dimmer page using the modded inf, but dimming doesnt function. Any ideas what I could do? when I re-loaded the drivers using the modded inf I had three instances where the setup program alerted it could not load 3 different files, and if I wanted to continue loading drivers without those three files. I said yes and continued.

Computer is dell i9300 with go6800.

I now also tried the 82.10 dell drivers and substituted the modded inf for the original inf. The drivers loaded flawlessly, but though I have the dimmer page and sliders, the dimming still doesn't happen.

Need help if anyone has ideas. Dell i9300 w/go6800

I think it might only for NV44 + GPU's, gp62x0, 6400, 6600's not the NV41 go6800.

Yes I agree, but this is the joy of nVidia making the fastest GPU's in a series first then the slower GPU's get the extra features that they didn't have time to add to get a product out fast (my theory)

Hey Rene!

Hope all is well :) Come back soon!

I was able to get this page working as well, however, it does not really do anything. Oh well... c'est la vie :)