LaptopVideo2Go Forums
mobilenvidia

v81.94 XP 32bit | NV

Dentje

Hi,

I am having BIG problems to install 81.94. I use the modded inf, but window crashes on restart with a 0x0000007E error.

In fact, I seem unable to install *any* of the 80s drivers. I currently have 78.05 installed. Is my vid card ok for these drivers? I wanted to install these drivers or 81.84 because they address a specific issue in some games I'm playing.

Any advice gratefully received.

Satellite Pro 2100

XP Pro sp2

geforce4 420 go (32mb)

sicsiksix

Well this is the first time I've ever had a problem with drivers from this site. Not really a HUGE problem, but nonetheless. After uninstalling my 81.89 drivers from add/remove programs and restarting. Then installing 81.94 drivers (modded inf + nvlite) everything works as usual, except when my screen goes to power off, instead of powering off to black, the screen goes white and stays like that. Anyone else encounter this problem? I'm going to try installing again without nvlite in a couple minutes and see what that does.

Update: nvlite has nothing to do with it.

Guest Guest

How come none of the latest driver are able to supprt TV Out?

Asus Z71v Nvidia 6600 Go no tv output whatsoever.

Night Fire

I'm pretty sure these new drivers keep crashing my Battlefield 2, so I'm going to try downgrading to 70's and see if they are bad (I'm running a dual core system, and haven't had much luck with the 80 series).

Guest w4yn3

is this driver also working with geforce fx 5650 go?

with the 81.89 i only had 472 benchs at 3dmark05 and i have to play matrix path of neo on the lowest settings (and it don't runs really fine)

Guest Guest
Well this is the first time I've ever had a problem with drivers from this site. Not really a HUGE problem, but nonetheless. After uninstalling my 81.89 drivers from add/remove programs and restarting. Then installing 81.94 drivers (modded inf + nvlite) everything works as usual, except when my screen goes to power off, instead of powering off to black, the screen goes white and stays like that. Anyone else encounter this problem? I'm going to try installing again without nvlite in a couple minutes and see what that does.

I'm having the same problem as well.

w4yn3

i have the same problem

and the drivers doesnt work better than the others i tried

does anybody know which drivers i should use for my fx 5650 go?

Guest Lych

I'm having a similar problem. When I reach the logon screen, my screen goes very dark and flickers a lot making it impossible to see anything. I ended up downgrading to 81.89 because of this problem. After this, I'm a little hesitant to try the 82 series driver after experiencing this problem. If it helps, I'm using a Go5700.

terror_adagio
Ok... here the results.

81.85 lv2go modded inf - 2063

81.89 xtreme-g performance inf - 2074

81.94 (standard) lv2go modded performance inf - 2077

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded performance inf - 2085

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded quality inf - 1556

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded standard inf - didn't finish test (couldn't be bothered watching that thing for the 4th time in a row), but performance was lower than the 81.94 standard driver with perf inf.

The mobile driver with performance inf gave best score - but quality was very poor. I generally wouldn't reccommend this, I'm personally going to be using the 81.94 standard driver with performance inf, quality was more than acceptable and performance is up over previous drivers (higher framrates within 3dmark05 were noticeable).

For vargas - I couldn't see the go7300 in the inf - so for the moment I would be saying no, it won't work.

nvsvc32.exe is still crashing, I'm just going to disable the service though, been doing this for about a week and has not hampered me in any way (you will need to disable it every time you change drivers).

Strange. There shouldn't be a difference between the 81.94 mobile and 81.94 desktop in terms of performance/quality.

mobilenvidia

Yes that is very strange that the Mobile driver is faster then the desktop version.

Even stranger that if doesn't work properly with the std INF.

The mobile driver is missing quite a few files that the desktop version has.

The files are EXACTLY the same that are common in both (except for the INF)

But it is good to see my standard INF (recommended for most) does well.

Yes my INFs for quite a while now support the go7300 and 7400 and the Quadro 350M and some other unreleased GPU's

Guys to help out I need more info of what you have for a laptop.

Register and fill out the form that comes with it.

Run the NERD app if your not sure of what to put in the form.

This will attach to your signature and all can see what you have under the bonnet of your machine.

Different GPU's need different treatment.

If you own a P-M based laptop and you get a white or black screen when powering down or up, look inside the modded INF with a text editor and look for this:

[MapOSD3ToNV_3];Set the value to 2 if you experience Resume from Standby/hibernate problems

HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV, %REG_DWORD%, 3

;Enable this for Centrino/Dothan based CPU based laptops

;HKR,, MapOSD4ToNV, %REG_DWORD%, 3

Try setting the first value to 2. HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV, %REG_DWORD%, 2

Failing that try removing the ';' from on fron of the 2nd value HKR,, MapOSD4ToNV, %REG_DWORD%, 3

Failing that try placing a ';' in front of the Smartdimmer page settings a little higher up in the INF

;Smart Dimmer Controls

;HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

;HKR,, PanelPWMFrequency, %REG_DWORD%, 200

;HKR,, PanelBrightnessLimits, %REG_DWORD%, 0x0000FF32

Each change you make will require a reinstall of the driver, this is regretfully unavoidable :)

Hope this helps, as I can only guess with no info :)

mattman

I copied the missing files from the desktop driver.

The mobile driver was faster, but quality way down. Perhaps something had been disabled within the driver to improve framerates? (ie, a performance style driver, but with the performance inf on top of that... :S)

Currently runnign the lv2go perf info 81.94, but see that the xtreme-g mobile 81.94 drivers are up now too, will try these out when I get home from work.

I really should leave my drivers alone for a couple of days :)

mobilenvidia

Appreciate your testing all these INFs and drivers. :)

I'll have to do a CRC test on the files they're all the same size.

mobilenvidia

Found the file that is different : nvdspsch.exe there are about 4 hex values different then the desktop driver.

This app controls the display schemes, it might allow for the LCD display being slower in refreshes in the movile driver.

mobilenvidia

Got hold of Beyond Compare and the other 2 differences are:

Modes.txt hold the refresh rates

nvapps.xml holds the application profiles this may change some performance settings for benchmarks

mattman

81.85 lv2go modded inf - 2063

81.89 xtreme-g performance inf - 2074

81.94 (standard) lv2go modded performance inf - 2077

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded performance inf - 2085

81.94 (mobile) lv2go modded quality inf - 1556

81.94 xtreme-g modded performance inf - 2071

82.04 lv2go modded performance inf - 2078

Currently have the xtreme-g 81.94 installed, no real compelling reason to re-install anything else. Points down by a few, but quality up slightly perhaps.

Edit: 82.04 quality again down a bit with performance infs (tho not as bad as 81.94 mobile with perf inf). My tip is still 81.94 standard with perf inf.

Edited by mattman

Jeroen

Hi,

the download link for the driver is to 81.87 and not 81.89

thx, will give this one a try :)

jeroen.

City Cobra

Try this:

http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/80series/8194.exe

Amilo 3438 Performance Bug is fixed

http://home.eplus-online.de/gaetcke/notebook.htm#35a

Get here the new Fujitsu-Siemens Geforce 6800 go Bios Update:

http://home.eplus-online.de/gaetcke/files/nvwinflash.zip

After install, you can use all 81er and 82er Series Driver with full Performance.

Guest Guest

Anyone else still getting the weird white flicker? I get it with my geforce fx 5200 on dell inspirion 5150. I also can't seem to successfully install the mobile edition as it says missing ndhwdl file

Guest Guest

Same problem here: missing some file during installation of Mobile drivers.

Anyone know how to fix? Also: the modded inf has a different name compared to the original inf, do I have to edit the modded inf name before using it? Thanks.

sicsiksix
Failing that try placing a ';' in front of the Smartdimmer page settings a little higher up in the INF

Each change you make will require a reinstall of the driver, this is regretfully unavoidable :)

Hope this helps, as I can only guess with no info :)

After trying all the suggestions, this one seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help!

mobilenvidia

Link fixed, I couldn't fix it earlier due to server being down.

Wasn't good timing at all for that crash.

All because we're out of Bandwidth I had to change a few nVidia based driver links around to save our bacon.

My apologies for that :)

mattman
Anyone else still getting the weird white flicker? I get it with my geforce fx 5200 on dell inspirion 5150. I also can't seem to successfully install the mobile edition as it says missing ndhwdl file

You will need to download the standard driver and copy the files over...

Fenuxx

I have an issue!!! OMG!!! SmartDimmer... When I unplug the AC power, it gives me a BSOD saying "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" :) . It needs more work, it seems :) .

mobilenvidia
I have an issue!!! OMG!!! SmartDimmer... When I unplug the AC power, it gives me a BSOD saying "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" :) . It needs more work, it seems :) .

It's been around since April.

It's probably only meant for certain machines more likely.

I may remove it from installing by default but leave the settings there for those that would like it.

It causes some issues for me on my machine, sometimes standby gives me a bright white screen.

It does resume from this but the screen doesn't always turn off.

Anyway it was good to find how the page is enabled.

Fenuxx
It's been around since April.

It's probably only meant for certain machines more likely.

I may remove it from installing by default but leave the settings there for those that would like it.

It causes some issues for me on my machine, sometimes standby gives me a bright white screen.

It does resume from this but the screen doesn't always turn off.

Anyway it was good to find how the page is enabled.

Yeah. I'm gonna try reinstalling the driver (my XGMobile 81.94, which is based on your 31.08 INF) and seeing if that helps. I'll get back to let you know :) .