LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Mouse/Keys stick on BF2

Guest C4rBin3

Guest C4rBin3

I was wondering if everyone with the Inspiron 9300 laptop still had issues with the Mouse and Keys sticking on BF2 (when you turn the Mouse it "sticks" and you face a totally different way).

Lastnight I was browsing around these forums and saw alot of people with the same problem I have now.

Now I am no computer genius that can make miracles happen but to me when this "stickiness" happens its when a new sound enters the gameplay. So I exit the game due to the "sticky" Mouse&Keys being so annoying, I Open Control Panel then to Sounds and Audio Devices and under Device Volume I click Advanced to open Volume Control then I click Advanced again and under Other Controls there is 2 Boxes 1 being PC Spk Mute which is unchecked and the other (2) Enable SPDIF which is checked. I unchecked this and ran my game again. Now BF2 runs really smooth on high settings. I'm so happy that I don't have to update my sound Drivers, Gooooooo me :)

This will more than likely be the same on other laptops the same as mine I would of thought. So goodluck guys/gals and happy gaming on your beasts! :)

C4rBin3

Nice find there, I will have to put this info in the sticky topic or something.

I think you probably should look for sound driver updates, Dell eventually fixed some sound bugs for me, but you should not have to turn that option off for a game to run smoothly.

Anyway if you plan to plug up the old surround sound S/PDIF on the little 3 RCA adapter cable (for surround sound on DVDs and the like), make sure you turn it back on, otherwise the option really isn't neccessary.

Also Creative makes USB2.0 and PCMCIA versions of their Audigy2 ZS that you might want to look into if you want good surround sound.

And you are right, this should affect other Dells with the same sound solution, like probably the IXPS Gen2, will have to get my bro to test on his sometime.

Edited by Bill

Guest C4rBin3

Cheers Bill, and thanks for the info on the games they all run great! :) Well apart from 1 which I'm having some trouble with. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Single player & COOP work fine and the graphics are OK but when I go to play the 3rd portion of the game (Versus Mode) it lags really bad. Not like now and then its a constant lag. As soon as I launch it the whole game is running really really slow. Like if I jump, its in slow motion and it takes forever for the character to reach highest jumping level, same on the way down and anything else in the Versus game mode.

The weird thing is the graphics are miles better on SP and COOP, Versus really doesn't take much to run. :) Anyone else have Chaos Theory and the Go 6800 256 ?? Hoping to play this online at a friends tomorrow night on his Lan :P so a quick solution is needed. I'm thinking its a GF Driver problem but I could be wrong? I still have the stock 7811 Driver installed and havn't tried any others as of yet.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome! this is the ONLY game I'm having trouble with.

Thanks

C4rBin3

If everything else works right it sounds like a problem with just the game, you have probably already tried looking for updates though.

http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Could try to use the 3danalyzer program to trick the gaming into thinking your card is different, besides checking for updates and bugging the game's programmers to fix the game (and trying new drivers), that is the best solution I can think of right now.