LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Mod infs responsible for making my notebook go gaga

Guest Sunstone

Guest Sunstone

Dear lap2go,

I really appreciate your great work and all the stuff you guys come up with.

I just want to tell you my little story.

My machine is a Qosmio G20 - 106 with a GeforceGo 6600 128MB Ram.

I tried one modificated driver from this homepage( can't remember which one exactly...maybe 81.87 )

resulting in the following scenario:

Playing World of Warcraft for 5 minutes, the fan kicks in VERY loud and running really gaga. Accompanied with a framerate of 2-5 Frames. This goes on for some seconds after which a total silence and frames up to 35 show up again. 5min later, same crazy fan and sudden drop in framerate.

I was :P and de-installed the modded driver and installed the toshiba driver again, everthing was running fine again.

I really hope I didn't break anything with this bloody .inf.

Am I the only one with these problems?

I installed everything correctly (according to your faqs) EXCEPT as the Qosmio is running MEDIA CENTER 05, maybe the driver was for normal Win XP ?!

:) :)

I don't think my bloody INF broke anything, there are 1000's of happy people.

I can't allow for every single laptop setup, you may have other apps installed (like all the Toshiba monitoring apps) that can upset the cart.

You may need to experient a little to get things to work.

If you are happy with your current driver then stick with it.

Beaware that Toshiba will probably no longer update you video drivers.

You could try nVidia's 81.94 mobile driver this needs no modded INF for your go6600.

I don't think my bloody INF broke anything, there are 1000's of happy people.

I can't allow for every single laptop setup, you may have other apps installed (like all the Toshiba monitoring apps) that can upset the cart.

You may need to experient a little to get things to work.

If you are happy with your current driver then stick with it.

Beaware that Toshiba will probably no longer update you video drivers.

You could try nVidia's 81.94 mobile driver this needs no modded INF for your go6600.

:) Sorry if my tone was a bit too harsh. I love your work and the project, but I was really :P to see such an effect caused by a driver. I am totally aware that you are NOT responsible for anything, but maybe I am one of the few, where it didn't work.

I never read about such problems here, therefore I thought I do a post in your forum to inform you about it.

Thank you for the hint with the 81.94, I will give it a try when my old driver gets "too old" :)