LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 (zipper)

zipper

I dont really know what driver to pick, i lost my HD (720p H.264) playback ability's ...

zipper, are you playing HD with no problems or how does it look for you?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• ConteJazz

• ®®®

• Andrusch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haven't tried lately; earlier experienced crashes but don't remember which driver I tried.

Just installed 163.67 and first tried if it overclocks for me. And it does, using RivaTuner.

Benchies later.

I installed Notebook Hardware Control and put it on Max Performance. Now my CPU was at 2.0Ghz and i could view 720p

But now when i play Call Of Duty 2 my computer dies completely. :)

But now when i play Call Of Duty 2 my computer dies completely. :)

Check here, if there is something about CoD problems.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/163....lease_Notes.pdf

There's also newer driver 163.69 to test.

At last made speed tests - 163.67 was a little faster on older benchies than 163.16.

Edited by zipper

Tested 163.69 - no problems so far. Overclocks for me, compared to 163.67 surprisingly little slower on ´03 and fastest so far on ´06.

Tested 163.71 - no problems so far - except PowerMizer settings do not stick; always max saving for AC and balanced for battery. Monitor settings do not stick either, always on clone when rebooting, even if just external monitor has been chosen. Overclocks for me. And speedier than the preceeding ones.

• 2 weeks later...

163.74 complains a missing dll but seems to work - slow on 3DMark03; back to early 8x.xx speed. And broken PowerMizer.

Edited by zipper

Defragging gave 0.2% boost to 3DMark03 (giddy?)

Hi there!

I am using the 84.25 drivers for my geforce 6800 (Amilo 3438 G) Is there a faster set of drivers for my gpu? Thougt there might be some improvals for recent games.

Greetz

More recent, good ones:

92.91 97.92

163.76 tried - a little better than predecessors on 3DMark03; PowerMizer still corrupt.

• 2 weeks later...

167.26 tested - PowerMizer still doesn't save but at least defaults to sensible settings. Amazing 3DMark05 result - what's up, Doc?

• 2 weeks later...

169.02 tested - PowerMizer still doesn't save but at least defaults to sensible settings. Good 3DMark05 result - but less than 167.26

169.02 tested - PowerMizer still doesn't save but at least defaults to sensible settings. Good 3DMark05 result - but less than 167.26

Hey fellas,

I am running Vista Enterprise x86 on my Dell Inspiron 9300, and the latest Dell video drivers (released in Jan of '07). I would really like to move to drivers that would show greater returns for gaming performance...

What would you guys recommend for the GF Go 6800 in terms of the more recently released drivers here? :)

I would appreciate any positive and helpful suggestions. :)

~Lo

No idea about Vista, I'll keep clear of it with this oldish hw.

169.04 tried - similar results as the predecessors.

Zipper,

I have tried 2 driver for my go 6800 on amilo 3438 driver 167.26 and 163.75. The only game I have now is company of heroes: OF. the problem I have with these drivers is while playing i get nice frame rate of around 40 but every few seconds the game slows down and frame rate drops to 16 or 15 for about 2 second then it goes back up again

I don't have this problem when using the 92.91 drivers, however, with 92.91 it seems my frame rate is locked at maximum 30 fps and rarely it goes higher than that (this is in COH only)

could you or anyone help. I wish I could use the new drivers cause they seem to give better performance

thanks

No idea, it might be a conflict/problem with new drivers and that particular game. I found 97.92 to be a good driver, but just now I'm using 169.04.

since yesterday i use the 169.04 too and i must say, great performance. the time before, my 6800 runs under the 84.25.

with both drivers i had oc the card to 370/660.

so my last 3DMark2005 skills are:

84.25 @ 370/660 - 4330 Points

169.04 @ 370/660 - 4450 Points

Not bad, I've not got even 4300 - but not tried in a long time. Perhaps a new test should be done. :)

Btw, 3438s seem to clock higher than 4438s :)

OK, kicked as high as could (169.04): 367/692 - 4468 points (core 369 and up just freezes).

Remarkable but risky, just for a brief test (too many reboots for my liking).

mh, interesting. i played since over an half year with these oc-values.

so, yesterday i tested a new configuration. i clocked my card to 380/680.

in 3dmark2005 i get now 4500 Points. not bad, but this clock values rise the temp to high for my opinion.

while the benchmark rivatuner log temps to 82°C, 10 ° C above to the old setting with 370/660.

That's what I have had as max temp also, 81-82. It's bearable but a lower value is healthier; the Uniwill design isn't too well cooled. I do overclock just for test purposes.

• 3 weeks later...

169.13 tested - about the same, but: This is the first one that doesn't overclock for me in a long, long time with RivaTuner (2.06).

And PowerMizer has been removed? Just SmartDimmer left.

And now 169.17 - about the same, may be a tiny bit faster. Doesn't overclock either.