LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 (zipper)

zipper

thx for testing zipper. :)

i think we have found the max. performance for our go6800. for more we need more oc. but this need more cooling and i think we cant fix that problem.

400/700 on stable 80 degrees :) thats for me enough.....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• ConteJazz

• ®®®

• Andrusch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Problem.Fall

I run through a lot of trouble to get my Amilo M3438 with its Geforce Go 6800 working.

I use Windows Vista Business 32bit and an second display in the dual screen mode. My problem with the most recent driver was, that only the secondary display works. Finally i found a driver that works fine with gaming and office aplications. Both displays works in their native resolutions (1440x900). The framerates feel alright, but i havent run a benchmark. With my settings in Doom 3 i get around 40-50 frames at 1024x768 and high quality mode and 2x antialiasing.

Everyone who want to use a secondary display at his Amilo M3438G with its Geforce Go 6800 i recommend Forceware v 97.54 with the Modded-Inf. It works fine!

Im sorry for my mistakes, but my native language is german. :)

• 3 weeks later...

so, someone tried out the new 169.28 driver? zipper ? :)

Edited by Andrusch

169.28 tried now - doesn't overclock for me; a little slower than 169.17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Mandragora

Great Job Guys my kind respect for Zipper and Andrusch. I have spend many hours looking for my solution. I have just bought AMilo M3834G and even in my worst dreams i didnt know that it will be the begining of a great adventure:-) I received my laptop 2 days ago and it still working on the old stuff. So i have decide to change vBIOS by my self probably today I hope its not a hardcore thing and will be easy to do:-) After i will try to install one of the drivers 169.04 seems to be the best option.Good performance and OC option. Or I can install something above 169.04 right now with good fps rate ( quality is on the other place for me).Should I change anything else in my Amilo to have a good performance and play my Bioshock.Thanks a lot for your time guys

Guest Mandragora

OK! End of the day 1:-) Thanks guys for all excellent instructions. I have changed bios of my 6800 to .60 version after i have removed old drivers with driver cleaner and replace them with 169.04 version. In 3d Mark 2005 1024X768 final score without oc (325/600) is 3524 which is not bad but 400 less than your score.What i should do to increse performance.Could you pls tell how to set-up otions in nvidia control panel bit my score?Thanks a lot

Perhaps a percent, maybe two in some cases. What's your processor? I always ran some memory tool to free memory and closed all processes not needed. About 45-50 were still running. All Nvidia settings were tweaked towards performance.

Guest Mandragora

Its Amilo M3438G with 2GHZ in moblie version.I have changed everything or maybe something left. I turn off the vsync for example what else i should change in advance 3d settings? Which memory tool you can recomend Zipper?Thanks a lot

Never tried it; I only adjusted the settings on Nvidia Control Panel, the most important is to set it for performance, not quality.

Zipper please find below some of my new results. I am still using 169.04 drivers maybe they are not good enough??? Without OC its still about 3,5k with small OC just 25mhz more i have about 100 points more.Could you pls have a look, maybe its something wrong with driver settings?Thanks a lot

post-23699-1208560101_thumb.jpg

post-23699-1208560123_thumb.jpg

post-23699-1208560136_thumb.jpg

post-23699-1208560153_thumb.jpg

Can't see much from those tiny piccies. My benchmarking basics: A clean boot, then closing all extraneous background programs except virus protection. On 4438 it means that 46-48 processes are still running. Closing all services you don't need (care needed). Keeping the drive defragged. Running on AC power and checking that full performance is on. Running a memory freeing/defragging tool like TweakRam, leaving about 650 MB free Ram from 1 GB. Running the tests a couple of times to get comparable results.

Some new things which i hava noticed. I dont know why but I just can't save te OC settings in the drivers or in the Riva Tuner. Right now I am testing some of the older ones 84.25 and 91.33 but performance is worse than 169.04 quite strange:-) Maybe someone can tell me why i can't save this settings ( Ntune is showing that the card can go even on 410/700 :-) but I am trying to set just 360/660 ). One more question which drivers I should install for the Bioshock with the older ones game run more like a strategy than fast killing machine:-)

169.04 should overclock - it did for me; probably you have some trash left from older drivers. It's good for Bioshock - but don't expect anything spectacular; I tried the demo and it was quite slow with mediumish settings, about 15-20 fps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys i have a 9300 inspiron , with a go 6800 card. I am wondering if i should update my bios to the .60 version mentioned in this topic.

My current bios version is 5.41.02.29.A8 (as it says in the nvidia control panel)

I am using the 169.04 drivers and mainly play COD4

No idea about Dell bioses, check Dell support, if a newer does exist. The .60 bios is probably jus for Fujitsu - Siemens.

okay thanks zipper. dell doesnt have any updated bioses so i guess i have too keep what i have.

right now when i play cod4 with a 169.04 installed, i have a lot of stuttering, and the FPS is really jumpy. ill have to roll back i guess.

Edited by Caboose101