LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.95 XP 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

OK, well I don't know if it's just me, but BF2 seems to be having issues since I put these drivers on.

Looking from side to side casuses your view to flick all over the place.. impossible to see what *should* be straight in front of you, let alone actually aim at anything.

Will drop back to 81.94 standard mod inf and see if it resolves the issue.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mattman

• mobilenvidia

• Bill

• Computer Potato

Guest Nick D.

Hey Guys, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with Geforce4 420 Go video. When I try to install these drivers, I get the blue screen and then my laptop restarts. The error happens with nv4_mini.sys Anyone know why this would be happening?

Hey Guys, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 with Geforce4 420 Go video. When I try to install these drivers, I get the blue screen and then my laptop restarts. The error happens with nv4_mini.sys Anyone know why this would be happening?

this is the same error i noted above.

its an MS Stop Error BSOD relating to something wacky with the driver configuration. MS has told me it crashes your system on purpose to prevent unrepairable damage resutling from the driver/system combination. :)

Guest Nick D.

Microsoft is stupid. Grrr. "Any driver not designed by us is the work of the :) and therefore we do not support them." You know, if you take some letters out, add a couple more and replace some other letters in the word "Microsoft", you distinctively get the result of "It's really our software that's always at fault and you mear humans are being foolishly tricked into playing in our escapades." It's weird, I know. But yeah, s***ty deal with the drivers not working. It's like a pet peave of mine to not have the most recent drivers. Please driver fairy, make it work for us!

Hello,

I recently updated the bios of my 6800go on fujitsu 3438G laptop and installed these drivers with the modded inf, unlocker.reg and fancontrol.reg files but I've done a bench with 3Dmark2005 and the score is quite low : 3048. Is it normal ? Should I apply any tweaks ? (Everything is default execpt vsync on).

Thanks !

hi

i have too update my video bios of 3438G and with 81.95 drivers 3Dmark05 is 3730 win 30/40 pts ( with nvidia beta drivers + inf "performance" of laptopvideo - i dont know for std inf or quality

i think your result isn't normal because mine work very fine

Guest NeoLives

Whats with all the low 3DMark05 scores with GeForce Go 6800 256MB.

I used the 81.95 drivers with standard .inf and managed 5372 points.

Anything less than 5000 with a GO 6800 is ridiculous. Must be something up there.

Anything less than 5000 with a GO 6800 is ridiculous. Must be something up there.

Mmmh your score seems very high to me. My desktop computer with 1go ram, P4C 2.6ghz and GF6800GT hardly reaches 5000K, so a laptop with 6800go getting 5000+ is kinda unrealistic (or maybe have u got a 6800 go ultra? (and even though)).

I gues he doesnt overclocked his card. A normal score is about 3600 or so, I had 50points more with this driver. (BTW wich clockspeeds do you run on?)

Sorry yep I have 6800 Ultra with 256 MB.

I think the processor helps a lot as well. Its a Pentium M 2.23 Ghz which as quick as a 3.4 P4 plus it has 2Mb cahce.

Well, I'm gonna try these.

The 82.10 seemed to work ok but found them to be laggy in BF2. And it wasn't my ping rate since I was playing in single player mode. I tried all 3 inf's, modded, quality and performance. The "quality" INF seemed to be the better one for me.

Ok, back to the 81.95. I will install and test the 3 INF's with BF2, CoD2 and Quake4.

Will be back later today :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just tested 81.95 w/modded INF and everything looks ok in BF2.

I'm running everything at medium with 4x anti... and res of 1366x768.

I will now go and test other games :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all my important "stuff" (games) works fine with these drivers using the modded INF.

I might try the other INF's this weekend.

Chow for now.

Edited by Nemy

I have no problems with this driver, seems to be a little bit faster at my system.

Here's my Benchmark result:

inspiron9300_2.png

inspiron9300_1.png

And yes, my GPU is a little bit overclocked. I used the normal modded INF from this site, not the perfomance one.

-=Seppi2k=-

I've got a Gericom Hummer FX 5600 and Geforce FX go5250, everytime I install any series 8 Forceware driver I get a blue screen saying that theres something wrong with nv4_mini.sys. Its the same problem as disposablehero's.

Long time since I tried Nvidia demos. Seems they don't work with modded drivers - at least not with my setup of 81.95.

These drivers became official. Check them out on nvidia's site

I recently got these drivers for my desktop PC (official ones off NVIDIA site).

I FOUND A MAJOR BUG WITH IT and thought I'd share it.

I ran 3dmark03 and 05 and found in the details of my graphics set that the core clock was set at 11mhz after this "new" driver was installed.

ELEVEN LOUSY MHZ!!!!!!!!

So i roll the driver back, and it goes back to 350mhz. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Anybody else get this weird effect on their core clock after instaling these drivers?

and btw, my desktop system is:

Asus A8V Dlx. with Athlon 64 3000+

Verto PNY 6800GT 256mb DDR2

1gig Kingstom Ram @ dual channel

It isn't actually running at 11Mhz, it just seems to be a bug in the reporting.

Mine is reported at 9Mhz, when it is actually running at 300Mhz.

This also seems to only occur with 3dmark, other reporting utils work fine.

I just o.c. to 373/750 with 81.95 drivers and 3dmark2005 went out with 4446, so i guess that my 1.73ghz Amilo is beating Seppi2k's 1.86ghz Dell 9300....Yes i love this Amilo baby!!

I have a 4438, and I'm unabsle to get that kind of clocks. Standard clocks seems to be 300/600 and I can only o.c. to about 355/655. Have you done any modifications to the video bios?

Guest ricozawa

I updated the system bios to 1.10 and the video bios to 5.41.02.39.60 but i can't go higher without artifacts appear. I'll try to lower mem speed and raise the go6800 voltage to see if it's possible to go higher on core speed

Anyone tried watching DVDs? My MP Classic and Windows MP 10 don't play any DVDs since I installed the new driver yesterday. Games though work fine.

Any suggestions? Used the modded.inf. will try maybe another one.

Check out how to enable VMR in the FAQ forum section.

Enabling the VMR option should fix it for you.

I just o.c. to 373/750 with 81.95 drivers and 3dmark2005 went out with 4446, so i guess that my 1.73ghz Amilo is beating Seppi2k's 1.86ghz Dell 9300....Yes i love this Amilo baby!!

Which modified INF did you use? Mine was the original, untouched version, and everything is set to max. quality. I will run a test with the perfomance one and then let's see :)

-=Seppi2k=-

How in gods earth do you get the memory clock upto 750?! I have run some serious tests and you cant overclock that high unless yours flashing in a higher clocked video bios. And after the memory speed passes 680 you get artifacts when you run 3d mark 2005, apparent in test 2 and 3.

I updated the system bios to 1.10 and the video bios to 5.41.02.39.60 but i can't go higher without artifacts appear. I'll try to lower mem speed and raise the go6800 voltage to see if it's possible to go higher on core speed

[/

Stupid quetion: what program are you using when you oc your 6800go?