LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Medion NB 95500 - Geforce Go 6600, 128 MB

Guest Pril

Ladies and Gents,

I have been surfing around tis site for over an hour and a half, but I have not found an answer to my question:

Re. the above Laptop (Medion 95500), incl. a Geforce 6600 GO with 128 MB: which Driver can I download and use???

I have installed the latest version 72.50 from the Medion Homepage, but now my Battlefield 2 will not even install anymore. My only hope is for a modded driver.

Yet I have no clue as to which one to download.

Thanks a million for some help here

Pril :)

Guest zak_m_c
77,70 working great. It's just that BF2 won't install and I have no idea why

:-(

I had BF2 (well... a peered 'release') working with them.

Any higher driver gave me a strange green&pink effect when trying to watch tv with nstant on my 95257.

I've also tried 81.95, they installed and worked too, except for the green&pink problem which is not (only) the simple overlay problem. I made a post but it had no answer :)

I had BF2 (well... a peered 'release') working with them.

Any higher driver gave me a strange green&pink effect when trying to watch tv with nstant on my 95257.

I've also tried 81.95, they installed and worked too, except for the green&pink problem which is not (only) the simple overlay problem. I made a post but it had no answer :)

:P

No overlay problem with me.

I think the SpecOps and pacth 1.12 messed up everything. I could not reinstall, nor deinstall the game anymore. Nothing worked.

So I started regedit, searched for anything that contained "bf2" or "battle" and deleted all results. And guess what: A clean install worked wonderfully then!

So I am now using the modded 77.70 driver and everything is working.

Thanks guys. At least now I now how to use a current nvidia driver without waiting half a year for an old medion release :)

Using 81.94 currently... I think 81.95 was (very slightly) worse for bf2..but i'm not 100% sure as i put 1.12 on the same day as 81.95, and 1.12 has been crap for performance.