LaptopVideo2Go Forums

tv problem with newer drivers than 77.70

Guest zak_m_c

Guest zak_m_c

On my Medion MD95257 (Centrino 1.73GHz, mother board arima RIM2000, gpu nVidia GO 6600 128Mo, tv tuner livefiew platinum mini), I can't install a newer driver than 77.70 (I tried 77.77, 81.95 and another 80's).

If i install such a driver, the tv screen using nStant Media (nVidia) is made of green and pink squares of various size. It works fine with 77.70

I've not that problem using k!tv (another tv application).

I've tried to check/uncheck the VMR box, it changed nothing.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Well, I've tried the 87.25 and -of course- the problem is the same.

I've also tried this regs from sn0wl : OverlayMode regs and it's worse with this I lost the sound and still have a green/pink stripes video (no more squares ???).

My actuals overlaymode regs are :

HKR,, OverlayMode2, %REG_BINARY%, 50,00,F0,00

HKR,, OverlayMode3, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,40,10

HKR,, OverlayMode4, %REG_BINARY%, 03,00,00,00Taken from the 77.70 but it don't help.

How could I find the difference between 2 drivers ?

edit : mistake

Edited by zak_m_c

You lost sound with overlay settings? That is just so weird. Problem is with watching TV right? As I remember from my old Hauppauge tuner there was an option in the player for choosing overlay mode and another mode (rgb?). Is there such a setting in your app? You say it works fine with another problem.

Thanks.

Well I retried and maybe I made something wrong the first time (sorry), the overlaymode regs don't have any effect. No more clue finally :)

It's only when I try to watch TV with nStant Media (an OEM soft from nVidia, similar to their PureVideo Decoder). There's nothing in visible about VMR or Overlay settings.

Another TV app. (k!tv) works fine with VMR disabled in the nvidia panel.

Edited by zak_m_c