LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem playing DVDs with 78.82 Drivers on Toshiba M60

Paradox

Hi All, (i've posted this on the 78.82 driver forum, but thought a general post here may help).

I have one problem I've encountered with this driver for my Laptop...

Ever since I've put it on... I can't view DVD files.

My laptop came with Intervideo WINDVD 5 ... it says "Create Overlay Failed. Please Lower Your Screen Resolution or Color Depth and Try Again"

It won't even go past the splash screen.

ALSO, I can't even play DVDs on Windows Media Player 10. I hear the sound but don't see the video at all. It said something like it had to disable a plugin but i can't even find any disabled plugin.

Lastly, I tried playing the DVD with Real Player... and got the same results; the program said "If any other applications are running try closing them, lower your screen video resolution and color depth (for example: 1024x768 -> 800x600), update your video card driver software to the latest version."

I'll try installing the newer version of Intervideo WinDVD 7... and see where it goes from there... but can anyone help?

Could it be the diabled NTVSC service thing? Ill try that first.... then try the original crappy drivers :)

pls help :)

Ok, I've "unchecked" the VMR option on my NVIDIA properties and it now works.

One last question though... will this lack of VMR affect the performance of the driver in any possible way (i.e. games?)

Thanks all...

Shoudn't affect games at all, just video playback, although some games might have video playback, which could affect wheather that works or not.

• 2 years later...

Help! I'm seeing the same problem.

Where would I find "NVIDIA" properties in order to uncheck the VMR option?

Thank you.

- Russell in Delaware

----- Original Message -----

Hi All, (i've posted this on the 78.82 driver forum, but thought a general post here may help).

I have one problem I've encountered with this driver for my Laptop...

Ever since I've put it on... I can't view DVD files.

My laptop came with Intervideo WINDVD 5 ... it says "Create Overlay Failed. Please Lower Your Screen Resolution or Color Depth and Try Again"

It won't even go past the splash screen.

ALSO, I can't even play DVDs on Windows Media Player 10. I hear the sound but don't see the video at all. It said something like it had to disable a plugin but i can't even find any disabled plugin.

Lastly, I tried playing the DVD with Real Player... and got the same results; the program said "If any other applications are running try closing them, lower your screen video resolution and color depth (for example: 1024x768 -> 800x600), update your video card driver software to the latest version."

I'll try installing the newer version of Intervideo WinDVD 7... and see where it goes from there... but can anyone help?

Could it be the diabled NTVSC service thing? Ill try that first.... then try the original crappy drivers :)

pls help :)

Ok, I've "unchecked" the VMR option on my NVIDIA properties and it now works.

One last question though... will this lack of VMR affect the performance of the driver in any possible way (i.e. games?)

Thanks all...