LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I need YOUR help, guys!

Guest t.h.mass

Guest t.h.mass

Hi guys. I have TOSHIBA Satellite P15-S409 with nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5100 graphic card and have been looking around for an update to my display driver for a long time now. I've looked everywhere and no results. Everytime I try to install a driver it tells me that its not compatible with my graphic card. I tried everything. I've called toshiba (the manufacturer) and even they couldnt help me. I REALLY need YOUR help, guys. I know the graphic card sucks, but I'm trying to run Counter Strike: Source on my laptop and everytime I run the game, it tells me that I need to update the driver. After I click on 'continue anyway' I'm able to play the game for several minutes, then suddenly the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) appears and the windows crashes. BTW: I have Windows XP SP2 installed on my laptop. I'm sorry I'm not really good with computers and I'd need detailed help from you, guys. Please email me @ t.h.mass@gonavy.com. Any help from you is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Hi,

Here is a Quick Guide:

Assuming u wanted to install the latest official Nvidia Driver (81.95)

1. Download the Driver ( http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/80series/8195.exe )

2. Extract the Driver to a Directory of your Choice

3. Download the modded .inf ( http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/8195inf/nv4_disp.inf )

4. Save the .inf in the Directory you extracted the Driver, overriding the .inf that came with the Driver

5. Run Setup.exe in the Directory you extracted the Driver.

->Driver should Install!

:) Greetz :)

i know the BSOD stuff. got it myself too. it's an nv4_disp.dll error. idd, you have to update your driver. as the reply above mine sais: download and replace the .inf. Pieter's modded inf is a specially created inf for mobile gpu's. that's the reason you couldn't install the driver before: the inf standard included is the one for a desktop gpu.