LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Got a very big problem with my FX5700

Guest StYx

Hi,

i got a big problem with my gf fx5700go 64mb. i updated very recently to driver version 81.95, but now, when i'm playing NFS-Most Wanted, after 10-15minutes, my pc turns off. My GPU got overheated. i didn't do any overclocking yet. i went back to forceware 80.40 ('cuz i didn't have a problem with that one), but now that driver is screwed-up too.

I'm kinda desperate. normally, my GPU can handle pretty decent video-settings. now I even UNDERclocked my GPU, so i had to lower my settings, but still: no good.

any suggestions? and placing anonther GPU is nót an option, as is stop playing the game :) (cost my 50?) ...

yeah i'v had the same probblem. my acer 1520 did that i sent it back was a problem with the thermal control fixed quickly and works now. :)

:) , it's not in guarantee anymore. i'm trying to sell my notebook now :P , so i can buy an Acer Aspire 1694WLMib. I hope someone is stupid enough to pay 850? for it ... otherwise i'm screwed for the rest of my gaming-life ...