LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrading Amilo M 3438G RAM

Guest Gooseman

Guest Gooseman

Hi,

Ive got 1GB of RAM at the moment, I want to upgrade to 2GB what is the best solution - I've heard putting the wrong type in the wrong slots can make things worse than better! 3Dmark03 says my RAM is 2 x 512 in SoDimm slots.

Anyone with an amilo done this kinda thing?

Thanks Gooseman

Check out www.crucial.com

They have a memory selector, affordable RAM that is garrenteed to work with your laptop.

And yes I can't spell. :)

I see your laptop brand does not seem to be listed, but you should buy RAM from there once you figure out what to get. The brand site might have it listed, or ig might have said when you bought the laptop, and someone here probably knows.

I'm not an Amilo expert though.

Edit: I think this would be the right place, but yours doesn't seem to be listed. :)

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodel.asp...Amilo&submit=Go

They should have it listed, even if they don't carry the right RAM. (which is highly unlikely, I think yours has DDR II)

Last edit I promise, this site has some for your system, but I have never even heard of the site before, so before. (looks like a trustworthy site though)

http://www.memoryx.net/fuamm34me.html

Edited by Bill

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Ive got 1GB of RAM at the moment, I want to upgrade to 2GB what is the best solution - I've heard putting the wrong type in the wrong slots can make things worse than better! 3Dmark03 says my RAM is 2 x 512 in SoDimm slots.

Anyone with an amilo done this kinda thing?

Thanks Gooseman

Yes it's possible.But you have to change both ram modules.Dismantle that 2x512mb modules and change with 2x1gb modules..Be careful,some ram modules have same speed(mhz) with other but they have bad lating rates.So you must search before you buy.Ddr2 533 mhz with good timing e.g 2.2.2 or 2,5.2.2...Iam using 2x512mb 533mhzDDR(3.3.3)Kingston...It's not best but I only found