LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for XPS GEN 2 laptop.

Guest Benny

hey guys, there are lots of drivers and i'm a total newbie. which one from your experience should i used for dell xps gen 2 2.13, 1gb ram, go 6800ultra for best performance and graphics?

thank you!

Wasn't every driver best performance with that card till the 7800 GTX go came out? :)

Since you have that laptop, I would recomend the Dell 82.10 driver with it's default INF (Dell NVDM INF), or the one here.

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't every driver best performance with that card till the 7800 GTX go came out? :)

Since you have that laptop, I would recomend the Dell 82.10 driver with it's default INF (Dell NVDM INF), or the one here.

Hi Bill,

I also have the Dell XPS Gen 2, with a GeForce Go 6800 Ultra, and I've been looking around for the driver you mention here as the best one for the card/system but can't seem to find it.

Could you point me in the direction of the Dell driver you're talking about? The one on the support site is still only in the v6.x.

Thanks!

82.10 is right here. (we have driver sections on the forum, and will eventually get them put back up on the main site, if their not already there)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8045

Check laptopvideo2go for a driver before you go searching anywhere else.

You should either use the driver directly (don't mod it, has dell settings)

Or get this INF.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....pe=post&id=1281 (this is the Dell INF but with all the pages and stuff enabled, kinda liek Pieter's mod INF, heck Pieter made this modded Dell INF)

Both of you "newbies" might want to go check out the stickied topics in the FAQ section about how to install using the have disk method and the one about "what is an INF?"

Edited by Bill