LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers ofline for a while

mobilenvidia

I'm trialing a new server from GoDaddy.

It's 20GB in size and has 1TB of Bandwidth.

It also has a dedicated IP address and a domain name just for the drivers (you guys are spoiled)

BUT it means the drivers could be ofline for a few hours/days :)

This is not ideal but not much I can do.

I'm starting with the 80's and working backwards.

Server to server transfers are quite slow, will take 10hours just to do the 80's :P

The INFs and everything else are not affected just the drivers and NFO files.

The new server is all thanks to the donations collected so far :( so we you can see your money at work.

We could always do with more to keep the services going and maybe improve for the future :) so feel free to visit here

40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 80 series are copied accross.

Just the 70's and 75 series drivers to go

Working on 75 series now these should be up later today then finally 70series maybe tomorrow.

The domain change (same name) seems to have worked :) I was a little worried here.

Hopefully both the website and driver servers now seperated will help both out.

Lets hope for no more forum crashes and driver slow downs.

How is the download speed from godaddy ?

Is it any good ?, I won't be able to test till the drivers are copied.

Report back here with findings.

Enjoy :)

Edited by mobilenvidia

I downloaded 6766.exe, but can't extract the archive.

also, can't download the corresponding nfo file.

is there anything wrong with the new server?

Yes there is, not all is as it should be :)

The new server doesn't like our file extensions (NFO) so they refuse to download.

There also seems to be a problem with the 65 series drivers.

I'm uploading them now (from the HD this time not a server to server transfer) this should fix that problem.

Sorry about that :)

The new server doesn't like our file extensions (NFO) so they refuse to download.

Either the deluxe or premium shared hosting servers should support the downloading of nfo files. Only the economy server would have problems with it as its pretty limited as to what it can do. /Works at Go Daddy :)

Either the deluxe or premium shared hosting servers should support the downloading of nfo files. Only the economy server would have problems with it as its pretty limited as to what it can do. /Works at Go Daddy :)

We're on the Premium server, the problem is the Windows server.

I've changed (well change pending) to a Linux account and this works.

As soon as this is up 100% I'll shift over again.

It's been good to have a play and a pity the Windows server has limited MIME support.

I'll probably shift down a to the al cheapo server, unless someone that works there can maybe pull some strings :)

Edited by mobilenvidia

We're no longer on a Windows based server, Linux it is.

The NFO's now work again :)

I've swapped the DNS servers over again to Godaddy.

Lets see how this goes.

We're no longer on a Windows based server, Linux it is.

The NFO's now work again :)

I've swapped the DNS servers over again to Godaddy.

Lets see how this goes.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay away from our Windows servers. They are kinda funky in regards to Databases (esp. MySQL), MIME support, and PHP scripting. Yeah, I can pull some strings if you want me to. This site has really helped me out so I would be more than happy to reach into my bag of tricks :P . For now, monitor your bandwidth usage using the laptopvideo2go.com/stats page to get an idea of your requirements. Our economy servers have limited scripting support, but it should work with just fine with PHP.

:)

I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay away from our Windows servers. They are kinda funky in regards to Databases (esp. MySQL), MIME support, and PHP scripting. Yeah, I can pull some strings if you want me to. This site has really helped me out so I would be more than happy to reach into my bag of tricks :) . For now, monitor your bandwidth usage using the laptopvideo2go.com/stats page to get an idea of your requirements. Our economy servers have limited scripting support, but it should work with just fine with PHP.

:)

Cheers Lych for that inside info.

The server has been switched to Linux, and all is cool with linking now.

Didn't realise that the windows hosting doesn't allow the user modify the MIME side of things.

We don't need Windows, I did have someone lined up to use the Windows hosting for a small fee to help pay for the server.

All we need the server for is to host the drivers and some other files, we won't be setting up any Databases or using any scripts.

I setup the Premium plan to start with to see what Godaddy has to offer (so I got everything).

I will have to go back in hosting package size as we can't afford the 'Premium Plan' for long.

I'll have to switch back to the Economy Plan and when the bandwidth gets close to the limit I can switch over to our current server for the last few days of the month.

We have limited funds, and this will spread the load and should do for our current needs.

We're looking at around 250GB/month of driver downloads so were over the limit with godaddy and with the website very close with our current host.

If Godaddy was to help, if they could sponser maybe the difference between the Economy and Deluxe Plans that would be awsome as I won't have to switch servers every month.

We would be happy to have an ad somewhere for this recoginition :P

I'll shift to the Economy plan with dedicated IP probably some time before the New Year.

I'll enjoy this space and BW for as long as I can :(

Any help here appreciated, anything we cando to help you let us know.

We have limited funds, and this will spread the load and should do for our current needs.

We're looking at around 250GB/month of driver downloads so were over the limit with godaddy and with the website very close with our current host.

If Godaddy was to help, if they could sponser maybe the difference between the Economy and Deluxe Plans that would be awsome as I won't have to switch servers every month.

We would be happy to have an ad somewhere for this recoginition :)

I'll shift to the Economy plan with dedicated IP probably some time before the New Year.

Well, the economy plan has 5GBs of disk space and 250GB of bandwidth per month. If you go over your bandwidth, I believe we charge $1.50 per GB of bandwidth exceeded (if my memory serves me correctly). You can always add additional bandwidth if you need it. Log on to your account, click on my account, Hosting Account List, then click on your hosting account and you can add more if you like. From there you can also downgrade your account to economy PHP. This would be cheaper than what you've got now. I'll have to see if that old 10% to 20% to 30% off trick still works when I get back to work on Friday. My supervisor and co-worker know lots of discount codes I'll have to buy one of them a beer after work and pick their brains but you didn't hear that from me :) .

Sounds good to me, any help is greatly received. :)

Godaddy has bought an new era of hosting to the masses.

It's good to have you guys around :)

Sounds good to me, any help is greatly received. :)

Godaddy has bought an new era of hosting to the masses.

It's good to have you guys around :P

If you ever need to call us, call 1-866-Go-Daddy. I think its stupid, but we're not suppose to give out our toll free number (to keep our prices low I guess). Also, a little bird told me that whenever you buy something online, use save10 as the source/discount code :) . If you need anything, the admins and mods have my email address.

Cool, I won't tell anybody reading this thread the toll free number :)

Does the toll free number work in New Zealand ?

I'll call it and ask for you so we can catch up :)

Thanks for the help so far :P

Cool, I won't tell anybody reading this thread the toll free number :(

Does the toll free number work in New Zealand ?

I'll call it and ask for you so we can catch up :)

Thanks for the help so far :(

Yeah the toll free number should work in New Zealand. Unfortunately, we don't have direct extensions, so getting on the phone might be a gamble as we have multiple call centers :) . Here's what I suggest, my cisco phone doesn't allow me to place international calls (cheap bastards! kidding), but here's my work email address ejensen@godaddy.com and my normal email is evan-jensen@cox.net. My shift is Friday thru Monday, 8:00am to 6:30pm MST. I check my work email everyday. If you need me to check something out I'll need your account number and either the last 4 digits of a credit card I would have on file or the caller's pin number. With that I can get into your account and take a look at what I can do :P .

Cheers again Lych,

If I was to downgrade the size of the account will the option still stay for dedicated IP ?

Would the IP address change when downgraded ?

Some things I need to consider before I change (well knowing before I do it will lessen any surprises)

That is a good question :) . I really don't know. I wouldn't think so, but I'll have to check with someone in advanced hosting support to be sure. I'll let you know. For now, you have the premium package so, use that until I find out for sure (I don't want you to experience any service interuptions) :) .

Okay. If you downgrade to either the economy plan or deluxe, you will lose the dedicated IP :P . You can add a dedicated IP to an economy hosting account, but the fee is $2.95 per month (min 2 month purchase). So the final monthly fee would be 3.95 (hosting) and 2.95 (dedicated IP) for a total of $6.90 per month USD or about 9.99 NZD.