LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Display adaptor requires upgrade: Tecra M2; GeForce FX 5200

Bones75

Hi Guys

I upgraded my Pinnacle Studio Plus to Version 10 on my Toshiba Tecra M2 with Nvidea GeForce FX5200 32M/64M. When I load the studio software it says "Pinnalce Studio has detected your display adaptor requires an updated driver". Says it needs a GeForce 3 or higher.

If I run the program I get sound, but no video........

I went to the Toshiba site and updated the display driver to Release date 15/04/2004 version 46.44 and also upgraded the BIOS to 1.50

This has not worked.

I am now stuck and have wasted money on upgrading my Studio program. Nvidea suggested I come to this site as the drivers they supply are not for laptops/notebooks.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Upgrade the video drivers with an lv2go modded inf.

This will at least get you a current version driver, which can help on some programs. The error you get is quite strange, first stating you need an ew driver and then saying you need at least x, but x is not a driver, but actual hardware :S

My tip is try the drivers, if you have no luck there then sorry but you are probably stuck. My other machine is an M2, and while i love it to bits (it almost is in bits :) ) there's no upgrade option on the graphics, and beleive me I have tried!

If you are unsure about putting a modded driver on, give us a yell and I will be happy to check some out for you and make sure they work ok.

Mattman

Thanks for your help.

Yes! I am unsure how to upgrade a modded inf.

Can you give me instructions step by step on how to put a modded driver on to my system and what an inf is.

Thanks

John

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade the video drivers with an lv2go modded inf.

This will at least get you a current version driver, which can help on some programs. The error you get is quite strange, first stating you need an ew driver and then saying you need at least x, but x is not a driver, but actual hardware :S

My tip is try the drivers, if you have no luck there then sorry but you are probably stuck. My other machine is an M2, and while i love it to bits (it almost is in bits :) ) there's no upgrade option on the graphics, and beleive me I have tried!

If you are unsure about putting a modded driver on, give us a yell and I will be happy to check some out for you and make sure they work ok.

Download the 81.95 drivers from here: http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/80series/8195.exe

And grab the modded inf from here: http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/8195inf/nv4_disp.inf

Extract the drivers to a folder on your desktop, then drag/drop the modded inf to the folder and replace the existing file. If it opens up th nvidia installed package, then again extract to your desktop, let the installer run. It will fail and close, then you can replace the inf as above.

Then just run the setup.exe in the folder and follow the prompts. When it asks you about WHQL certification, click "Continue Installation".

Download the 81.95 drivers from here: http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/80series/8195.exe

And grab the modded inf from here: http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/8195inf/nv4_disp.inf

Extract the drivers to a folder on your desktop, then drag/drop the modded inf to the folder and replace the existing file. If it opens up th nvidia installed package, then again extract to your desktop, let the installer run. It will fail and close, then you can replace the inf as above.

Then just run the setup.exe in the folder and follow the prompts. When it asks you about WHQL certification, click "Continue Installation".

Mattman

Bingo! Followed your instructions and Pinnacle Studio 10 is working as advertised.

Have a great day and thanks again

Cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have a Toshiba Tecra M2 while I was installing World of Warcraft, it recommend me to upgrade the driver. I have the latest Toshiba release (46.44).

Do you guys recommend me to upgrade to 81.95 to get better performance / image quality? any problems encountered with this driver?

My other machine is an M2, and while i love it to bits (it almost is in bits tongue.gif) there's no upgrade option on the graphics, and beleive me I have tried!

What do you mean, hardware speaking? or have you been unable to make newer drivers to work correctly?

Thanks!

Sorry, it's just the hardware that isn't upgradeable.

Not sure what v drivers are on there now (nothing too recent) but no reason something like 81.95 shouldn't work.

I've previously installed lv2go drivers, but they were a 60 release from memory.

Hi Mattman, thanks for the reply!

I noticed you have the 64MB Video Memory version of the M2, in your search for a hardware upgrade, did you noticed any way to upgrade from the 32MB version to the 64MB? is there any socket in the motherboard to add a memory card or to swap it? I was going to open mine but havent had time to do it...

Thanks...

No it's all hardwired onto the board. We run a tosh service centre here so I've had it open a couple of times to investigate all upgrade possibilities.

Mine is listed as a 32M/64M same as yours, but the specs for my notebook state 64M, so check the specs from when you bought it, on your particular model.

Could it be? I have check it before several times but... mmm... let me see.... mmm... $#%$%$#.... nope... 32MB... :) worth a try anyway...

My wife wants to replace her really old laptop and she always tell me that she likes mine so... jejejeje I guess I found a way to upgrade it! :)

Thanks for the all the info !!!! really appreciate it!

Sounds like a plan to me :)

Hold off a little before you buy, you should be able to pick up a new "Core" based system for only slightly more than current units, pricing is very similar so big gains for little extra $$.

Plus maybe by then the mysterious go7600 will be out too.....

• 4 months later...
Excellent stuff :)

Hi Mattman

My drivers are updated as you instructed months ago - see start of thread, and Pinnacle works fine. However, recently, I tried to play a DVD movie on the laptop this week using INTERVIDEO Win DVD 4. I get the following error message " STOP Create overlay failed - Please lower your screen resolution and or color depth and try again". I have tried lower screen resolutions and no joy. I replaced the original driver and it works fine and then Pinnacle doesn't work.

Can you help me?

best regards

John

Did you try toggling VMR option in nVidia control panel?

You better help me - what is VMR option in the Nvidea control panel?

best

John

Right click somewhere on your desktop, open Digital Panel or something similiar and there you will se nVidia CP. There should be Video Overlay Settings tab and you should see the VMR checkbox there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! no luck! Any other suggestions?

Give "Overlay Fix" in FAQ section a try then.

Give "Overlay Fix" in FAQ section a try then.

Thanks! Tried the overlay fix - no joy. I tried the new version of Intervideo WINDVD7 and system now works okay. So am happy with that. However, when I shut down I get a brief message that some memory could not be referenced? The laptop shuts down normally by it self... wierd... any suggestions?

Thanks! Tried the overlay fix - no joy. I tried the new version of Intervideo WINDVD7 and system now works okay. So am happy with that. However, when I shut down I get a brief message that some memory could not be referenced? The laptop shuts down normally by it self... wierd... any suggestions?

The program that is crashing is NVSVC32.exe "memory could not be referenced"....... and now when I go into Windows Explorer the following error pops up....

ZeroCfgSvc.exe MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This only started happening when I installed WINDVD7. I uninstalled and reinstalled and same error comes up.......Any suggestions?

The program is zcfgsvc.exe and resides in Windows/prefetch folders. What application uses this program so that I can uninstall and reinstall. The error pops up occassionally and is very irritating...

Edited by Bones75