LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v78.22 XP 32bit | ACER

mobilenvidia

:: 7zlogo01.png DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way.

Please donate if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Driver - Windows XP / 2000

ForceWare Release 75

Version: 78.21

Release Date: August 1 , 2005

WHQL - Yes

International files included - No

Setup Files included - Yes

78.22 32bit downloads are here :

Download 78.22 - Download iNFO

Download Modded INF

Supports and is WHQL for:

NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0167.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200"
Edited by mobilenvidia

Just installed v78.22 on Acer Travelmate c310 (nVidia go 6200) in order to view videos of Civ IV. With the older driver I was getting only black screens and crashes. I can now watch the videos, although they are a bit flickery, but I have a totally different issue:

When I rotate the screen (to get in tablet mode), the pen-pointer is totally disoriented, i.e. I touch somewhere on the screen but the pointer appears at a completely different location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Did you install with Original INF (included with driver) which has tablet rotate support.

Or did you use a modded INF (which doesn't have tablet rotate support)

Did you install with Original INF (included with driver) which has tablet rotate support.

Thanks a lot, this solves it. I had indeed installed with the modded inf. Now that I re-installed with the original inf, screen rotation works fine.

I now have all the other issues discussed in other fora, i.e.

-- flickering video

-- video working only in windowed mode (i.e. not full screen)

I don't want to bother you too much with this, I will follow the postings in other fora, since this does not seem to be an Acer-specific issue.

Thanks again,

All the best.

If available in the Display properties enable VMR this may help with video issues.

No worries what else would I do, the streets are safer with me here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest epaschalis
If available in the Display properties enable VMR this may help with video issues.

No worries what else would I do, the streets are safer with me here :)

Hi. Any new driver for the fg 5200 go for an acer 1360 laptop? It seems i cannot fing any new driver for the last 1 year.

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

Hi there. I've got exactly the same laptop. Using the modded inf works fine for installing, but how can I install with the original inf - then it tells me it doesn't support this hardware?

Now, with the modded inf, I can rotate the display from within the NV rotate feature, but not via the dedicated key on the laptop. I get the same issues with the tablet pen mapping being weird.

Also, do you know if the original inf will support the dedicated acer rotate key?

Hi again,

this is the same guy who did an anonymous quote of your post just above...

So what you mean is - use the inf. from the supplied Acer drivers? 7552? But with the 78.22 set of drivers??

I'd be most happy for a reply!

Laz

You could edit the modded INF and look for a line with RotateFlag it's normally set to 4.

Make this 'x10' (yes x as well) now reinstall the driver with your newly modded INF.

The x10 ads rotate support for tablet PC's, you could also try x40 this may give different results.

• 3 weeks later...
You could edit the modded INF and look for a line with RotateFlag it's normally set to 4.

Make this 'x10' (yes x as well) now reinstall the driver with your newly modded INF.

The x10 ads rotate support for tablet PC's, you could also try x40 this may give different results.

This posting has been really helpful -

I am curious as to how one uses the old INF file given by the manufacturer.

1) its based on one data file

2) new forceware drivers, such as 84, which is not out uses two data files, and two infs

3) what mods do i have to do to alter the forceware drivers to function on the acer c314? I think the 0x10 will work, but anything else?

For an INF to work with a GPU it must have the PCI_ID# in the INF (in 2 places)

This is the PCI device number that the installer needs to be able to install your GPU.

Mobile GPU's need some extra stuff to make sure the lid closure works properly etc.

All modded INFs come with all known GPU's that I know of and the special settings are also included all you need to do is chance the rotateflag setting manually before installing.

I also add new twaeks as I find them, have a look in the FAQ section to what changes are made to the INFs.