LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 6800 WoW or GW Help...

LordTyr

Hey there, I'm sure my signature shows my system.

Well I have the latest drivers that Alienware offer 78.70 ..

Well I'm not too happy with them. I get this weird Blinking thing whenever I MINIMIZE a game like Guild Wars or World Of Warcraft. Especially when I play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

Example, I Double click the Icon for Guild Wars & just before it opens it looks like windows hick-ups & the screen slightly jolts & walla the game is started seems like a sluggish Precache???

& then if I minimize the game to instant message someone & maximize it does the same thing.

Now I noticed that If I go back to the older drivers that orignally came installed then it works fine but then I have other problems with those drivers...

All I know is that my PC has a Geforce 5500 with the latest Nvidia drivers & it works great with the games, I have never had a problem with new drivers they tend to fix everything I needed fixing, but Alienware I'm sure has recieved many complaints from people like me that they don't update their drivers what so ever.

They wait like a year before releasing anything & we all know that within a year drivers come out left & right.

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a driver better stable for my GeForce Go 6800? & Possibly plays one of the games I mentioned & notices no "hick-ups"...

Thanxz!

Try the 7.8.0.1 drivers for 6800 Go.

I'm using that and have no problems at all!

Try the 7.8.0.1 drivers for 6800 Go.

I'm using that and have no problems at all!

Could I possibly get a link from you? I'm having a tad bit of a hard time trying to figure out the downloading method here. I see that you have to get a drivers then a seperate inf etc???

Could I possibly get a link from you? I'm having a tad bit of a hard time trying to figure out the downloading method here. I see that you have to get a drivers then a seperate inf etc???

Works great now...

Question:

What is Display Properties>Performance & Quality Settings> Application Profiles?

Does that mean I can set it to Doom 3 everytime I play it or does something else make that permanent??

Because I play games like

World of Warcraft, Vampire Bloodlines, Guild Wars, AOE 3, Doom 3, Pain Killer, Unreal 2004, Starcraft & Magic Online.. So does changing the application to Doom 3 then the Active profile to Doom 3? Does that make Doom 3 better? Not sure??

I am not sure if it can sense the games (it doesn't seem to change for me, but it depends on the driver version probably, mine is a beta after all)

In the 82.10 driver atleast, you can change profiles quickly by right clicking the taskbar icon->application settings->pick the game.

Edited by Bill