LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v82.12 XP 32bit | NV/MSI

mobilenvidia

Do you think it would be safe going from 81.95 to this?

Yip :)

Guest Dino Mumfrey

Everyhting works great with these drivers.... except that when anything Java is loaded the screen goes black and colored horizontal lines fill the screen after some time. Any ideas or should I just roll back? I tried updating Java but its already up to date. I cleared the old drivers from the system so that it wouldn't try to use old settings. I'm stuck.

Everyhting works great with these drivers.... except that when anything Java is loaded the screen goes black and colored horizontal lines fill the screen after some time. Any ideas or should I just roll back? I tried updating Java but its already up to date. I cleared the old drivers from the system so that it wouldn't try to use old settings. I'm stuck.

Try 81.98 these are WHQL and I assume Microsoft test this before they stamp it WHQL.

Are you running anything else as well ?

Try setting Global AA and AF Application controlled in the Application profiles.

This has fixed similar problem for some with Java.

I've been downloading from this sitefor a couple of months, its a nice community and provides very helpful resources.

i've got a 5160 with a 64MB go5200. I uninstalled the driver--i had some issues and reverted to the factory laptop driver-- and i'm ready to get the most appropriate version.

Which driver should I download? Also, I'm all about things running smoothly. Should I grab the 5150/5160 INIs (they are of type ini, why do you call them INFs??) from Larry or take the driver-specific performance ones?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You should use Larry's I would say.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7755

But I just checked those links in his post and they are indeed INFs, how dare you get his INFs mixed up! :)

All in good spirit though, I am just joking with you. :)

Edited by Bill

i figured. i really like this community. Which driver should I use, though? Its great, by the way, that Larry made a model-specific set of INFs (you were right, they are infs, not inis--i guess reading isn't my strong suit); this really helps out the inspiron community.

Anyway, I'm pretty undecided about which driver I should use. 83.10 doesn't look too promising, Leadtech has bad reviews and the users say it stinks. 82.12 is from 'NV' and not Dell-- should I get the 82.10 release from Dell or the 82.12 release from NV?

My most important question: which driver should I use on my Go5200 to maximise performance, graphics, etc., and minimize glitches (i was happy with 67.something i discovered crashing and poor performance in newer games).

Again, thanks for your help.

Tried this driver but screen goes blank upon install. In fact every 80s I tried resulted in the same behavior. I'm back to 44.03 till things sort out.

While at it, can anyone recommend me the fastest version for each 50, 60 and 70 generation for my card, as 44.03 does for 40? Or better, the newest fastest driver available for my card, with good balance between old and newer games? I hope I'm not asking too much for my first post here. I've been following this community since early 2004 but never posted. Let's see how the people react :)

77.77 with Pieter's reg mod INF should be good for your 440go.

Guru3d have posted 82.65s for both 32 and 64 bit systems. (Is there a better way of advising when new drivers are out ? General users don't have access to post to the News section. I know you guys are pretty darn fast at the best of times in finding new drivers, and would most likely catch drivers like this.)

• 4 weeks later...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://us-download.msi.com.tw/suppor...12_WinXP2K.zip

These are updated 32bit 82.12 drivers that are WHQL and have 7800GS support.

They may add an MSI control panel or see your Nvidia card as a MSI branded one, both easy enough to fix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://us-download.msi.com.tw/suppor...12_WinXP2K.zip

These are updated 32bit 82.12 drivers that are WHQL and have 7800GS support.

They may add an MSI control panel or see your Nvidia card as a MSI branded one, both easy enough to fix.

I saw this the other day.

Your link no worky (I take it you copied it from a page)

I posted this over @ nvnews.

I doubt wether the actual driver is WHQL, as the INF is newer than the certificate.

The MSI version does have the MSI control panel extensions.

Here is another link to the driver (7300GS) http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/down...?UID=718&kind=2

• 1 month later...

I found this over at Guru3d, from my good friend Hilbert :)

Beta Stereo driver for 82.12 can be found here

Just extract and run the setup.exe.

I Got the 82.12 not to long after it came out. After some reading and following the links on "how to install..." I finally managed to accomplish the mission.

I was then able to play COD2 on my laptop (finally!)

I'm still not sure how that I understand much about drivers or if I even know What I am doing when it comes to your upgrades.

Thank you for this site and trying to help computer illiterate people like me.

I have:

-Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255,

-P4 (no centrino or mobile chip) 2.4 ghz,

-Geforce4 420 Go w/h 32 MB ram,

-512 MB memory

• I have not been here for a while and forgot everything I did or read.

• I recently reformatted my HDD and installed the 82.12 drivers.

• For some reason I do not have the control panel that I had before, on my previous installation.

Also, I'm not sure What to upgrade to next or, if it would give me better performance & quality - I could definitely use both.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated! :)

What driver were you running before to have this different control panel ?

This Control panel has been round for a while now (60's series)

With a few mods over time.

82.12 is not a bad driver, you not going to get any better performance with your ancient GPU.

Give 84.20 ago, it's proving to be a good all round driver.