LaptopVideo2Go Forums

best driver for go6800ultra and king kong(hi-res gamers edition)

Guest nyc718wolf

Guest nyc718wolf

Im having a major dilemma with this setup, i have tried the 8210 and the 8195's and the kong game will not run correctly. The funny thing is that the 8210 ran all my games perfectly:bf2 gta san andreas and xmen2 all ran excellent on the 8210 with a core clock of 520 and1200 mhz memory.Then when i bought the king kong game...all i get is missing textures, flicker, and missing polygons. I tried several different drivers including the 7931's provided by my laptop manufacturer and no improvement............... my pc is uptodate with everything! drivers for hardware....software updates have all been done. I just cant find a solution..HELP??

Edited by nyc718wolf

Sounds like this game has crappy programming to me.

The new drivers nvidia is about to release might fix the game. (new 81.98 driver in a few days we think)

If you are impatient go uninstall your drivers and try the driver and INF link in my sig.

Your sound might be the only thing that doesn't meet the specs for this.

Edited by Bill

Guest nyc718wolf
Your sound might be the only thing that doesn't meet the specs for this.

what do you mean?

My audio drivers?...if so, i updated everydriver on my machine yesterday.

I called ubisoft and told them the downlad was garbage and that i wanted a refund.

Theyre trying to play it off like my system cant handle the game. When in fact the minimum system requirements are a 3.0 p4 and 512 ram with a geforce 4 card.

I am so pissed, on top of it all i cant even get my money back for this garbage from ubisoft.

The "Gamer's edition" says it needs a GF 6 series 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 card (or better) and 2 GB of RAM, plus a 3 GHZ CPU and a EAX 3 soundcard, not that the sound card should seriously interfere with graphics.

Anyway though you have a good card, enough RAM, and a fast enough CPU, it should run, go tell then you have a GF6800 Ultra go and 2 GB ram and a 3 GHz P4 and it should run, tell them to get up off their lazy butts and program to the game to make it work right on fast enough laptop cards.

Drivers should come out soon that might work, so well have to see about that one.

It could be an nvidia problem, if so they should fix it with new drivers very soon (in time for xmas), they have put up spots complete with version numbers for drivers that aren't out yet on their FTP servers.

Sadly alot of the problems people have been having with games lately aren't driver or card related, but that game companies (looks at EA games) are selling high priced "garage" games that only work on very specific configerations, if you don't have the specific configeration, well tough luck for you then. That is the business philosophy of some morons, all they are doing is losing money.

Edited by Bill

Hope fully 81.98 will have many fixes for these newly released games.

Guest nyc718wolf
The "Gamer's edition" says it needs a GF 6 series 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 card (or better) and 2 GB of RAM, plus a 3 GHZ CPU and a EAX 3 soundcard, not that the sound card should seriously interfere with graphics.

Anyway though you have a good card, enough RAM, and a fast enough CPU, it should run, go tell then you have a GF6800 Ultra go and 2 GB ram and a 3 GHz P4 and it should run, tell them to get up off their lazy butts and program to the game to make it work right on fast enough laptop cards.

Drivers should come out soon that might work, so well have to see about that one.

It could be an nvidia problem, if so they should fix it with new drivers very soon (in time for xmas), they have put up spots complete with version numbers for drivers that aren't out yet on their FTP servers.

Sadly alot of the problems people have been having with games lately aren't driver or card related, but that game companies (looks at EA games) are selling high priced "garage" games that only work on very specific configerations, if you don't have the specific configeration, well tough luck for you then. That is the business philosophy of some morons, all they are doing is losing money.

hmm...that sounds like the most logical reason to me. I was one of the first suckers that bought that pos bf2 the day it came out. Before they released all those patches for the game i uninstalled it and havent played it since.

Welcome to the world of marketing, EA had to get BF2 out ASAP knowing it would be bought by BF1 fans.

Release it no matter what state the game is in, just release some patches afterward as the problems roll in.

A game being tested before release is over, $$ talk and beta testing only costs, especilly with Xmas and all those sales looming.

These are sad times indeed where chances are a new game will probably not work until there are numerous patches and driver updates.