LaptopVideo2Go Forums

6642win9x.exe

Guest BrianW

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/...nload-9253.html

Finaly found a copy of the correct driver there.

The driver is probably still on LV2Gos download server somewhere, Pieter will have to fix the link.

(we shifted the driver database around a few times)

Edited by Bill

Yes, NVIDIA doesn't actually have the 66.42 drivers, but I know they are out there and are the latest Win9x drivers because I found an old forum post which had a link to them. (They were leaked, unofficial) And I was able to obtain the modded INF from this page, but the link to the actual drivers is broken. If this file is not around anymore, I could use the official NVIDIA 61.76 release (The last official win9x release i believe), but then I would need the modded INF, which I know Pieter already made, but I have also been unable to find.

Brian

Oh okay, thanks, posted that bit above before I read your update. thanks for the link.

I've downloaded those 66.94 drivers, and they will not work with the 66.42 INF I downloaded, I think I really need the 66.42 drivers from station, and not the 66.94. :)

As an alternative, I do have the 61.76 drivers from NVIDIAs FTP. I know Pieter did a Win9x Modded INF for these, but I can't find a link to download that either. All I need really is an INF and driver that work together for the Go5200 on Win9x.

I'll try and have a look at 81.98

It takes ages to make Win 9x INFs they are alot more involved.

I apologize about using Win9x, it's just that for some reason Windows 9x vastly outperforms Windows NT based OSes on all of the Half-Life 1 engine games I play. (On the hardware I have tried, which is very limited.) I am sure it is really just a bug somewhere else in my laptops hardware that is causing XP to really do poorly, because I know many people use XP for old games and have great success, but I haven't had such luck. Yet, when I went to 98 on a different computer, the game performed much better. So I want to use it on my laptop, but I need some working drivers.

Thanks for your help, and for the site, this is really the only place and the best place to go on the net when it comes to laptop NVIDIA drivers.

I havn't forgotten you Brian.

I have 81.98 Win9x, just need to get round to doing it.

Was away for Xmas and now work is in the way again.

It's okay. If you have any other drivers+inf that work for the go5200/win9x combo it is ok, you dont need to mod the latest just for me. I don't need the latest, I just need something that will let me get the resolution+color depth normal.

81.98 has been modded, it hasn't got the latest GPU's added yet.

But the go5200 is there.

A new heading for this driver has been made.

Give the driver it's self a while, as I'm uploading it now :)

Any feedback place in the new thread.

I prefer to do the latest driver, as it will probably be the last one for a long time if not ever.

Enjoy.