LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WLAN problem with NV activated graphics card

Guest CrazyBug

Guest CrazyBug

Hey all,

I'm new here and hope to get any ideas/help to fix out my problem, which is barring me from fragging :)

General:

My notebook is a Cebop HEL750. I didn't find any entries to that device. Don't know if anyone knows that notebook but if not here is a link discribing the most important properties: http://www.cebop.de/notebook/hel_d.htm#daten

And see the information in my profil (the brand "Acer" is wrong but I hat to select something and Cebop wasn't possible :P )

This notebook is able to switch the graphics card (there is a little switch in front of the notebook). It allows me to work with an onboard Intel 915GM and to play games with a Nvidia Geforce Go 6600 with 256MB RAM.

Discription:

If I work with the onboard Intel all is fine. No problems so far.

But if I swich to NV, boot up the notebook and surf trough the WWW or make something else (I don't have to start a pc game for that!), it takes some time (not constant) and the WLAN connection is broken !!

It's just broken and can't be repaired. Only way to continue working is to reboot.

This happens with the standard driver provided by the manufacturer and even with the one from here, I tried with: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8261 (I took the modded inf)

I don't know why. Cause it happens with both drivers I guess it must be something hardware dependent.

Thus I watched the IRQs: NV is on IRC#16 and WLAN on IRC#19.

The WLAN adapter is an Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG.

The router can't be the reason cause another notebook is still connected to it.

I also don't move the notebook (~1-2meters from router away). And I work with the power supply.

Maybe someone here has an idea. I'm really disappointed not to use my NV graphics card :) .

Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance !

CrazyBug