LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[INFO] Bill's Driver Recommendation Thread

Bill

Hi new member here, just stumbled upon this site...

Anyways I have a couple questions:

1) 3 resolutions look as they should 800x600 / 1024x768 / 1600x1200, but I cannot figure out why 1280x1024 and 1400x1050 completely look like CRAP (all blocky & choppy like - why?) :)

2) Stanby = screen never comes back (black display) only able to see the cursor/arrow, I looked at some threads but I'm afraid my vid. card isn't listed.

Video: GeForce2 Go @ 32MB

BIOS Version: 3.11.01.44.D1

Nvidia Drivers: ForceWare 83.60 for Nvidia_Dell

PS: I've tried multiple dif. "older" drivers, to no avail...

Thoughts? :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill

• polish inspiron

• who13

• tawraste

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I have an EVGA 7900GT Superclocked and Vista Ultimate 64-bit. What's the best driver for this combo and where can I get it? Thanks.

What's the latest driver, that works, for a Geforce2 Go?

I can't get any games to run because I can't activate Direct3D....

And all the drivers I try don't work. :/

Ditto...

I have a dell inspiron 8200 running Geforce 2go 32mb (integrated RAMDAC)

Current driver 6.14.0010.4482.....new to updating any drivers...

Mainly used for games...Still getting the "spooge error" when trying the game Dawn of War. Was brought here from http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=74516 to find some support.

Any suggestions for a good driver to update to?

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ATI Radeon 9250 Graphics card, which according to ATI's website is not supported by default on Vista. They say only cards after 9500 series would be supported by the OS. As a result their latest Catalyst Driver 7.5 for Vista does not support it. Although it is fully supported by XP.

I would be glad if someone could please find me the unofficial drivers which can work with Vista aswell as run Aero. I have tried looking on Google a lot, and finally arrived on this wonderful site, but the drivers listed here only seem to work on Nvidia Cards.

favad

Hello,

I have a GO 7800 Video Card. What driver should I use?

I want to be able to Overclock the card, unless I am better off using newer drivers that can't OC, but run games better. Or can you OC with the newer drivers?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

What driver would you recommend for a GeForce 4200 GO with 32 MB?

I play Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source. This is my first time doing this kind of thing.

:) First post, you guys are all so smart :O

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ?????????????????????????????? You there ? lol

Im using the standard dell driver for dell xps m1710 7900gs and still want to know which driver i can use best for xp. Also i connected my Hitachi TX300 beamer with resolution 1280x720 but what the f ? I can only choose 1024x768 on second monitor (beamer in my case). Whys that ? I had no problems with it on my normal dell dimension 8300 desktop with a Ati Radeon 9800XT. I tried powerstrip but it wont work. I get 1280x1024 when i select 1280x720. Pc restarts and i click on 1280x720 and i get 1280x1024 grrrrrrrrr. no widescreen reso

Any help greatly appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...
As of March 17, 2006 the current recommended Windows XP 32-Bit drivers for most laptop Nvidia users are as follows.

listdot.png84.21: Driver / Pieter's modified INF / Topic 5spacerpic.pngOfficial nvsmall.png

As of December 19, 2005 the current recommended Windows XP 32-Bit drivers for most laptop Nvidia users are as follows.

listdot.png81.98: Driver / Pieter's modified INF / Topic 5spacerpic.pngOfficial nvsmall.png

listdot.png82.12: Driver / Pieter's modified INF / Topic 5spacerpic.pngOfficial nvsmall.png BETA

seriously outdated...

• 4 weeks later...