LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Screen flicker

Kroko

Hello!

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens M3438G. Everything sort of flickers in movement, it's especially noticeable in games. This problem is present with every driver I've tried. What could be the problem? Monitors aren't supposed to flicker like this are they?

I assume this is present on your laptop's LCD panal correct?

What were the last drivers that worked right?

Are you sure you have hardware accelleration for your GPU turned on all the way, and that write combining is turned on?

(go like your accessing the nvidia control panel, but instead of going to the tab with your graphics card's name, go to troubleshoot)

If your card is PCI-E, you might have more or less options there.

I'm gonna have to give you what is probably not so helpful advice till the Amilo experts and others come back from their holiday vacations. :) :)

Edit: Kroko, just letting you know there is an edit button.

Edited by Bill

I assume this is present on your laptop's LCD panal correct?

What were the last drivers that worked right?

Are you sure you have hardware accelleration for your GPU turned on all the way, and that write combining is turned on?

(go like your accessing the nvidia control panel, but instead of going to the tab with your graphics card's name, go to troubleshoot)

If your card is PCI-E, you might have more or less options there.

I'm gonna have to give you what is probably not so helpful advice till the Amilo experts and others come back from their holiday vacations. :) :)

Edit: Kroko, just letting you know there is an edit button.

Yes, it's with the LCD screen. All drivers I've tried have presented the flicker. Hardware acceleration and write combining are on. The card is a GeForce Go 6800, which is PCI-E.

Does your driver that came with the machine do it as well ?

Does your driver that came with the machine do it as well ?

Yes.