LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Table of NVIDIA Laptops which use MXM modules

Guest ®®®

MSI MegaBook L725 Go6600 MXM?

Only the L745.

Hi There Alexander,

There has been some confusion about this one for quite some time. But the official answer I got is always: proprietary. When I asked the Clevo representative at CEBIT what the differences were, he replied 'yes' to my question if the pinning was different. I'm not sure if he understood the question, as he was asian with limited knowledge of the language of Shakespeare.

So, 99% sure it's not MXM.

Ice-Tea

MXM Upgrade

Thanks for the update. I wonder if there would be a way of making it pin compatible. Surely a little bit of jerry rigging and a bit of solder would be able to overcome something as small as pin differences . . . a future project perhaps? I know for a fact that Sager would allow Clevo D900T owners to send in their laptops and upgrade to the 6800 Go Ultra as well as the 7800 Go. You had to buy a new power supply and they mentioned something about soldering the new graphics card in. Might want to see how Sager is doing it. I haven?t done it because it costs an arm and a leg to do so. I?d rather buy a new graphics card and do it myself, or get a new laptop.

Later,

Alex