LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Rockdirect Xtreme 64 4800+ DTR

mobilenvidia

Hexus.net have gotten their hands on this AMD Dual Core powerhouse of a laptop.

Here is a wee snippet:

A couple of things to note before embarking on a visual tour of the laptop. Needless to say, it's the first laptop that we've reviewed which uses a dual-core CPU as its beating heart, and it's no surprise that Rockdirect has opted for AMD's Athlon 64 X2 series with this particular model, with choices ramping up from 'X2 4200+ to the current range-topping model, 'X2 4800+. Users can also specify a single-core Athlon 64 FX-57, too, although a performance laptop, we feel, will be more futureproof if based around dual-core processors.

TopS.jpg

For a full review look here

My personal thoughts are get this with a go7800 GTX, then you'll really will be kicking some booty :)

Meh, it's nice, but I really can't be screwed waiting til to comes to Australia. And you need a Go 7800 GTX with that baby, isn't RockDirect shipping them yet? Urgh, they're first to "offer" it on their site, last to actually ship it out.

It being based on a Clevo D900K chassis, many will sell this setup.

Sager have started to ship these already.

Eurocom, Falcon West alienware and many more will also have them.

Isn't Alienware now in Aussie ?

If you can afford the many extra $$ they add for the pretty lid then this might be for you.

It being based on a Clevo D900K chassis, many will sell this setup.

Sager have started to ship these already.

Eurocom, Falcon West alienware and many more will also have them.

Isn't Alienware now in Aussie ?

If you can afford the many extra $$ they add for the pretty lid then this might be for you.

Yeah, we do, but it's a rip off comparing to ITC. As it stands right now, Alienware Australia don't even have the Go 7800 GTX, and it's probably going to be a while til they do. They still have that "Mobile Re-enforcements - Coming soon" stuff Alienware US has like 3 months ago when they released their new laptops. Alienware here is a joke, and I don't want to think of how great the customer service is going to me... :)

Actually, i've seen some reviews of this on notebookforums. I want one! Benchmarks looks pretty good.

Edited by jamesd

Have a talk with Matt from www.discountlaptops.com

They have the Sager NP9750, he may be able to help in getting one to Aussie.

DL are a great company to deal with, I even went to visit them in Las Vegas.

Hah, don't worry about that. By the time I get another laptop, it'll be over here. Might be getting rid of this one and churn some tax free money out of it and get a new one.

Hah, don't worry about that. By the time I get another laptop, it'll be over here. Might be getting rid of this one and churn some tax free money out of it and get a new one.

Edited by jamesd