LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 6800 And Vista Dec CTP

Guest Mark

The aero glass needs to be enabled.

Grab me the 81.85 INF(s) and I'll see what I can do with them.

The aero glass needs to be enabled.

Grab me the 81.85 INF(s) and I'll see what I can do with them.

Thats the weird thing.....it updated the drivers but didn't add new infs. Im going to see what it does in a stock setup tomorrow. Hopefully it updates the infs and I can just grab em.

teknishn, it may be that the go version of the 6800 isn't supported in the inf, just the desktop version.

Mark, it looks like that string doesn't match your hardware. If you're dual-booting, can you look at the device in the XP device manager (under advanced properties) and make sure that hardware ID is right?

Hmmm, it seems that the GeForce Go 6800 is in the nv_DM.inf file however, this is the line in the INF:

%NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1% = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_019C1028

and yet, under Windows XP, in Device Manager I'm told my Hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_09001558

Which is why I made the changes in the nv_LH.inf to include my device. Why don't I have NVIDIA's Hardware ID for my GeForce Go 6800?

- Mark

I haven't told anybody to keep any drivers or INFs under wraps...

Anyway I have finaly got some free space on my secondary laptop drive, and with my nice new working burner I can burn copies of and install vista, isn't there a new beta to download than beta 1? (that is what I currently have)

If I try this I'll need some good drivers and of course any directions on how to get glass on MY GPU would be sweet, over some weekend when I have time I might install and test.

Yes I know you don't need a DVD drive to install vista, I can load it up as a virtual drive and install from windows, which is what I will do...

I don't think 81.85 is a Vista driver. I think it's just an XP driver, though you should be able to enable Glass with it.

The 85 driver is the new beta Vista driver. (LDDM or whatever they're calling it these days.) Still very buggy from what I hear.

I don't think 81.85 is a Vista driver. I think it's just an XP driver, though you should be able to enable Glass with it.

The 85 driver is the new beta Vista driver. (LDDM or whatever they're calling it these days.) Still very buggy from what I hear.

Ok, here is the latest. Clean install + windows update gave me support for the Go7800 GTX. Two problems that I see: No Aero glass. And 2, the inf files didn't change after the driver update. Which is odd because Im now running on the Go 7800 8185 driver they auto updated, yet all three inf files contain no line for it. :)

I think I will just go back to the 85 driver. It may be buggy, but it worked when I had mobilenvidia's inf, and it had aero glass running as well. I'm wondering if this 81 driver isn't LDDM.

Hey Pieter, the real reason it was secret was because it didn't work with Ronin's quad GF7800 GTX 512MB SLI setup running on 7 HDDs with a 1 gigawatt PSU. :)

I assume you have seen the motherboard(s) out there that has/have 4 PCI-E x16 slots....

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/05/26/gigabyte...oard/index.html

Even though he does not have a 4 card setup just yet, the drivers didn't work properly with quad SLI so they kept it secret.

The drivers still don't enable glass on my NV28, so yeah I did threaton them a little bit... :)