LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Speedfan

TheRealBeezle

I want to set up Speedfan for my Laptop. I have the Toshiba 5200 model but I have no clue for example what motherboard I have or the other settings Speedfan needs.

It doesn't automatically recognize them so if anyone knows something I would appreciate it :)

Cheers

TheRealBeezle

Ok, not alot of answers...

I've found something myself - the Motherboard Chipset is an Intel 845MP. I can't find it in Speedfan - is it supported at all?

The newest Speedfan also seems to have added support for nVidia video cards - from Betanews -

Please, any help?

//yes, i'm a newb if ur wondering!

no not really. You can't adjust your CPU clock unless you know your PLL / IC No.

That's to bad - because I am experiencing heat problems through my processor that cause the graphics to go all wide

I was hoping for a solution through Speedfan.

Alternatively you should use Toshiba Power Saver where you can adjust the Fan behaviour in 3 different ways.

That's the newest version, even works on my system (not all versions of the PowerSaver work on all TOSHibA lAptops). Has a nice GUI.

v7.03.01 ~7MB

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...ds/tm2Vtpsx.exe

Ah, of course it doesnt want to install the new one. (tpwrcfg.dll can't be installed...)

The old one changes the Fan speeds too, but its already set to high performance. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to live with underrated performance from my graphics card in order not to let the CPU get to hot.