LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Enhancer Updated

Teraphy

:)

I know what you're thinking. It can't be! Oh, but it is. The enhancer page has been updated to include the latest driver versions.

Enhancer Link

Nice one! :) :P :( :)

Now I just have to ask, how many people bugged you about this one? :(

Thanks for saving us all from the evil black bars, well not me specifically, but you know what I mean. :P

Now you can relax and fix the custom smilies and my post count... :)

Not many. This is a by-product of the newer driver database. Just easier to get this up and running.

Great job! You just keep getting better and better at this!

Great page!

It would be nice to also have the Dell 1600x1200 screen issue in there (see this thread: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=6686).

You could also include a "Disable Powermizer for older cards" switch for people who want to try newer drivers on older cards where the Powermizer doesn't work anymore..

Awesome stuff, really really nice indeed! Thanks Teraphy! :)

salzrat, added number one. Not sure what you mean by disabling the powermizer as I'm unaware if this was an option or do you mean control settings (max power, balanced, max perf)?

That goes to show I haven't been through the registry in a while. Does "PowerMizerEnable" 0/1 still work as expected?

It does work, Chris, but it's not a simple control panel switch we can throw a fix.reg at. It one of the install-time switches in the HKR settings. It may also require setting the clock speed to high speed. (Not sure about this.) I've been recommending the following three lines for disabling PowerMiser and setting the clock for Max Performance:

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_BINARY%, 01,00,00,00

I agree it would be a great addition for your enhancer.

Yip, I agree an excellent tweak to add to Enhancer.

Could we also add the Performance/Quality settings to this ?

The tweaks are added to the same place everytime and are the same settings everytime.

Another ideal candidate.

This would save me oodles of time in manotenous adding those INFs to the server.

This way the performance INFs will also stay updated with any INF updates.

What else can we add :)

I had your old settings but not the newer perf/qual enhancements to add. It's all ready to go I just shut it off and never turned it on since I never made those updates. But I can. Probably Tomorrow.

Cool :) , do you want me to make a txt file somewhere with the settings for each.

That if updated the enhancer will then also have the updated tweaks.