LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce go5700 flickering textures on all games

Guest fustrated

Guest fustrated

Hi all,

This started no to long ago but all my games including the DirectX tests have problems with flickering teaxues. I've tried a bunch of drives from 82 to 62 but none of them seem to fix the problem. HALP!

Hi all,

This started no to long ago but all my games including the DirectX tests have problems with flickering teaxues. I've tried a bunch of drives from 82 to 62 but none of them seem to fix the problem. HALP!

It would help to know your system's specs. Try forcing v-sync on in the nvidia control panel and see if that helps. What games are you having issues with?

system spcs:

Alienware 51m 776

Prossesor 3.2gh

1g RAM

NV go5700 6.7 driver(I've tried more recent versions, this one seems to be the most stable for me)

xp home SP2

This problem doesn't just occur with games, it anything that has 3d rendering. Even when I run DirectDraw tests in DXDIAG

Okay, now I'm perplexed :) . I had that problem and v-sync fixed it. This may sound stupid and forgive me if you've tried it, but did you install the driver using the moddified INF file? The only other thing I can think of is a video bios update. Typically this problem occurs if the driver wasn't installed properly, the video bios needs updating, or the video card has a faulty ram chip on it in my experience... not the best of advice I know... :) .

One other suggestion (also not the best) is to try turning off anisotropic filtering. That can cause texture flickering sometimes.

Hold on one second. I'm using forceware 82.12 and Matix: The Path of Neo flickers like crazy some times. I downgraded to 54.05 and the flicker went away; however, the performance was terrible. There is something in the newest drivers that is causing the flickering. I have tried disabling anisotropic filtering, antialising, and Nvidia's optimizations with no success. I wonder if this phenomenon is related to the 5700 series GPU as the 6x00 seems to be non-effective :) (my buddy has a newer laptop and this game runs just fine) .

If anyone has the 5700 GPU and has played any of these games, I would like to see if you can replicate flickering textures in the above mentioned games using driver 82.12 or another close version. Why can't Nvidia test their newest drivers against their old laptop GPUs :angryfire:.

Hold on one second. I'm using forceware 82.12 and Matix: The Path of Neo flickers like crazy some times. I downgraded to 54.05 and the flicker went away; however, the performance was terrible. There is something in the newest drivers that is causing the flickering. I have tried disabling anisotropic filtering, antialising, and Nvidia's optimizations with no success. I wonder if this phenomenon is related to the 5700 series GPU as the 6x00 seems to be non-effective :) (my buddy has a newer laptop and this game runs just fine) .

If anyone has the 5700 GPU and has played any of these games, I would like to see if you can replicate flickering textures in the above mentioned games using driver 82.12 or another close version. Why can't Nvidia test their newest drivers against their old laptop GPUs :angryfire:.

Had the same problem with GTA san andreas. No solution yet, except to run the game in 16bit colour mode, which totally fixes the problem (for me).

Had the same problem with GTA san andreas. No solution yet, except to run the game in 16bit colour mode, which totally fixes the problem (for me).

Hey this is my first post so i apologize in advance for any "rules/standards" involving specs and what not. I too have a area51m 766 with 5700..... i've been chillin with the 82.10 for awhile now and everything seems to be running smooth. Neo is surprisingly fluid and call of duty 2 is even fairly smooth at avg. levels. Sorry i can't give you any other advice expect to give 82.10 some more time and tweaks.... btw... can anyone clue me in on why i'm having issues installing BF2 on my area51 but no problems on my wimpy desktop? thanks!!!

You mean the game will not install on your laptop, or just not run?

If it won't install it could be a bad optical drive your using, newegg.com can hook your laptop up with a pimp slim DVD burner.

Oh, and Welcome to the forums! :) :)

I have the same card as you and also experience flickering textures on some games. Some games flicker every time I load them, whereas some only flicker if I load them after I've been using the pc for a while to do other things. I've tried various drivers and have yet to find one that completely solves the problem. I have never found a driver that can run Sims 2 or Silent Hunter III without flicker. It's a very annoying issue but I'm hopeful I'll solve it one day.

Michael