LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Just got a laptop and am looking to tweak it

jay

Can sombody help me find out what drivers I need and how to tweak my laptop? I have a nVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6400. Thanks.

Unless someone has better ideas specifically for your laptop, click the driver and mod INF recomend link in my signiture and try the 81.98 driver with Pieter's mod INF, go read the pinned how to install drivers using the "have disk method" topic in the FAQ section if your confused.

Unless someone has better ideas specifically for your laptop, click the driver and mod INF recomend link in my signiture and try the 81.98 driver with Pieter's mod INF, go read the pinned how to install drivers using the "have disk method" topic in the FAQ section if your confused.
I followed video but am having trouble with the last part. There are a few different models and I don't know what to pick. It says Geforce6100,6150,etc and has other models. edit- I put the 7800 in by mistake because my av software interfered, is my computer damaged now?

You mean "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400" was not available?

In Pieter's 81.98 INF this is here:

NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0168.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400 "

With that in, it shoud install just fine with "show compatible hardware" checked unless you have some new card.

What device ID does your card have?

You could run this and post the log file here. (run it on a working nvidia driver)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756

Your computer shouldn't be damaged, uninstall the drivers first before you try again though... (add/remove programs)

After uninstalling the installing process will be a little different, just select display adapter device and look for the magic "have disk" button and your set.

You are replacing the default INF with Pieter's INF correct?

You mean "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400" was not available?

In Pieter's 81.98 INF this is here:

NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0168.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400 "

With that in, it shoud install just fine with "show compatible hardware" checked unless you have some new card.

What device ID does your card have?

You could run this and post the log file here. (run it on a working nvidia driver)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756

Your computer shouldn't be damaged, uninstall the drivers first before you try again though... (add/remove programs)

After uninstalling the installing process will be a little different, just select display adapter device and look for the magic "have disk" button and your set.

You are replacing the default INF with Pieter's INF correct?

At the last step I had many choices and clicked the wrong one then found out about the av sftwre and did it right without uninstalling but after I restarted.