LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba laptop Fn+F5 - Only working with toshiba's driver

boogerman

Hello all,

I have two Toshiba laptops (M30 - GeForce FX Go 5200 & M40 - GeForce 6600 Go). On both of them, I have Toshiba's hotkey program installed, which allows amongst other things to switch between internal and external display by pressing Fn+F5 keys. However, this functionality only works with the video driver from Toshiba (46.44 for the M30 and 71.70 for the M40). If I install any of the "modified inf" drivers, Fn+F5 doesn't do anything (actually it does shutdown the display for half a second, which is not very usefull :^P ).

So, did anyone figure out how to get the Fn+F5 thing to work with non Toshiba drivers?

Thanks, and regards,

Boogerman

Nup I've never had it work on non-Toshiba drivers.

I've used it to switch the primary display back to the internal screen (I move on and off a port replicator with secondary screen - been a bit screwy lately) but it's not actually done what it should.

A workaround would be using NV Tray icon. You can have keyboard shortcuts too I think.

Toshiba installers do some different stuff when installing their own drivers - same goes with Wifi cards as well. I bought a Gigabyte b/g card and the wireless hotkey doesn't work. After checking installation INF of drivers provided by Toshiba, I saw there were specific settings for those hotkeys but I couldn't really figure out. Inf pro's here might be able to help you in that point if something like that goes with video drivers as well and the modification is needed only in inf not the driver files themselves.

Well I've just had a new LCD put on my desk at work, and the FN+F5 DOES work, I think the difference might be that the new monitor is now hooked up via DVI.

So basically boot (defaults to external LCD), login n all the junk, FN+F5 to the correct option, internal LCD becomes the primary monitor and the external LCD becomes secondary. I just have to reposition the 2nd in display properties cos i have it to the left of the lappie not the right :)

Edit: Using lv2go 81.98 drivers with latest inf.

Thanks for your replies guys. Yep, I am doing with the nv tools (I configured ALT+F5 as the key for switching displays), and this works fine.

Thanks again,

Boogerman