LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba's new Qosmio go7600 and HD DVD

mobilenvidia

Anandtech have had a look at this new Toshiba powerhouse.

Displayed at CES, HD DVD making it's way to Laptops so soon, and now full HD decoding as well.

A wee snippet:

NVIDIA couldn't tell us when this notebook would be shipping, but it was nice to see a situation where the H.264 decode acceleration is clearly important. Both Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback, unless we're dealing with MPEG-2 encoded content, will inevitably stress H.264 decode performance.

For a full look at this page look here

For a full CES review from Anandtech look here

toshnotebook.jpg

Hopefully you should be able to, with any luck it should fit the MXMII profile, and if your Qosmio is MXM (it would be MXMII with the go6600) then I see no reason it won't work.

I'd be quite interested to see the difference in performance, as it's an upgrade I'd consider too (with any luck may be able to get it wholesale).

Edit: Just been able to confirm mine is MXM compatible (hooray for service manuals!)... but the cost of the go6600 (as go7600 not yet avail) is quite insane, about 2x the cost of a normal PCI-E 6600. Definitely be worth shopping around for this one.

• 3 weeks later...

GeForce Go 7600 Go 6600 6600GT

===================================================

Memory Interface 128-bit 128-bit 128-bit

Memory Bandwidth (GB/Sec) 16 11.2 16

Fill Rate (Billion pixels/Sec) 3.6 3 4.0

Vertices/Second (Millions) 550 300 375

Memory Data Rate (GHz) 1.0 ? 1.0

RAMDACs (MHz) 400 400 400