Driver Version: 86.70 (8.6.7.0)

Driver Date: 2005-22-12

Driver Size: 1.9 MB

Driver Released by: nVidia

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: False

International Files : False

Comments

Vista drivers come with 2 INFS, one for Mobile GPU's (nv_DM.inf) and one for desktop GPU's (nv_lh.inf)

Vista supports the latest GPU's but if you have an older GPU a modded INF will be needed (or anything but a Dell Laptop)

Grab the appropriate INF from above and replace the original, it may pay to remove the other INF from the driver dir.

Now goto System Properties and then display, now use driver update to install the driver, by pointing the wizard to the driver direcotry with modded INF and Vista files.

Remember Vista LDDM drivers are very small and DON'T have control panels so you can't can't change any settings.

Also you MUST have a pixel shader capable GPU for Aero Glass effect to work.

I have enanbled this in the INF should your GPU be capable of it but Vista's machine check decides not to enable it.

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
  • GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Edited by mobilenvidia

so is it 86.70 or 85.05? bit of a contradiction in your post :)

and why are there only INF's available?

Only infs available as the drivers themselves would be embedded into the vista install package.

I assume the other thing is just a typo.

Only infs available as the drivers themselves would be embedded into the vista install package.

I assume the other thing is just a typo.

Nah, I think he's working on the package still...give him some time, the vista stuff is more difficult.

The driver package is embedded like i said, but yes he is working on building a separate install package, no small task.

do the in-built LDDM geforce drivers install properly? or will these pre-built packages support recognition of my proper display resolutions etc.

Nvidia need to seriously update the Vista drivers available on their site.

Results are very mixed with 86.70. It seems to work for some people, while others find it's just as buggy as the earlier nvidia driver.

Well, I for one look forward to trying out something apart from the standard XP drivers.

Is it a bug for the normal forcewares to report back Direct X 8.1 because of the natively installed Direct X 10 on the Vista OS?

I've read several messages from people who believe that since the driver doesn't recognize DX10, it falls back to the next lower version, which apparently is 8.1. ...But that's just a guess. I think there are a lot of people hoping for some MS guidance on this.

Yeah, I have run some other programs to determine the native DX version and most either report back correctly or report DX 9.0c, so because of the mixed conclusions, I'm guessing it's purely a Forceware issue- but I could be wrong, there might be things missing in the Vista Beta to allow full DX 9 compatability.

:) Typo has been fixed, it was very late when I posted this :)

spotted another two!

ForceWare Release 85 :)

and.. 85.05 Vista downloads are here :

:)

I hate you :)

Only 1 more mistake, these are 85 series drivers :)

I'm having a bit of trouble getting these to work with build 5270 - can anyone confirm they work with a Geforce Go FX 5600?

Also, whats the best way to install them on vista... at the moment i'm overwriting NV_DM and NV_LH in the C:\windows\inf folder, then using the update driver wizard.

I've not seen any confirmation its installing the right drivers, although once it booted to a white screen - so i'm guessing its doing something. Other times it just says it was unable to initialise the device...

I've just uploaded the driver it's self, so grab this then replace INF and try install again via Wizard.

Brilliant, thanks so much - its all working now :) Keep up the great work!

Just incase anyone else has similar problems.

I downloaded

http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/.../8670_vista.exe

and extracted it, then downloaded

http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/85series/8670inf_lh/nv_DM.inf

and copied it to where i extracted the .exe (replaceing the existing one).

I then used device manager to 'upgrade drivers' and chose to browse computer for drivers, and put the location to the files into the box, then clicked next. It found the card and card, installed the drivers and after a reboot the glass effect works perfectly :)

Using a GeForce FX Go 5600, on a mitac laptop, with vista 5270

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the 8505 or the 8670 to work with go7800gtx on my dell laptop. I just extracted the files, inserted the inf and installed via wizard. Then reboot. The 8505 gives me a bluescreen every time. the 8670 isn't recognized by vista and has a yellow ! in devicemanager. Any other drivers around?

I can't get the 8505 or the 8670 to work with go7800gtx on my dell laptop. I just extracted the files, inserted the inf and installed via wizard. Then reboot. The 8505 gives me a bluescreen every time. the 8670 isn't recognized by vista and has a yellow ! in devicemanager. Any other drivers around?

8505 should be installed when you install Vista build 5270.

This is build in to the OS and you GOU is nativly supported in the original INF.

You should also be able to upgrade to 8670 with out a modded INF, but use the update driver method to update the driver.

8505 should be installed when you install Vista build 5270.

This is build in to the OS and you GOU is nativly supported in the original INF.

You should also be able to upgrade to 8670 with out a modded INF, but use the update driver method to update the driver.

I got the beta 1, dl'n the 5270 now. Thx

5270 is still beta1, some confusion.

Not tried this on earlier build, probably won't work.

Read somewhere it is only meant for 5270.