LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP overclocking go6600

Guest n4v1n

I've been trying to overclock the go6600 in my G25. But if I try to overclock with rivatuner or coolbits, the settings don't stick. I'm not an expert so I need your help. Anyone have any detailed instructions on how to acheive this? Thanks

I've got the same problem on my S3, same GPU. I imagine Toshiba have done something to lock the vbios.

If they have locked OCing out from the BIOS level it is probably for a good reason.

You would have to either hack your VBIOS or download a hacked VBIOS and flash it onto your card, both of those are pretty risky.

Unless someone here knows already how to hack the BIOS on your specific card, google should help you, as I am sure it has been done already.

I have searched and didn't find anything yet, but stuff should appear soon if this is indeed the problem.

I doubt it is a heat related thing on my S3, it runs surprisingly cool considering the spec.

Maybe Toshiba have just had problems recently with overclocked cards overheating and damaging the notebook, so have locked them altogether to prevent it happening any more.

It would be nice to get a little more out of it though, it *almost* does 1024x768 on med/low in BF2, just has the occasional glitch/freeze, would be nice to get it smooth on those settings. Failing that, can just wait for something to come out with a go7600/GT and order it though our toshiba spare parts acct :)

• 10 months later...
I doubt it is a heat related thing on my S3, it runs surprisingly cool considering the spec.

Maybe Toshiba have just had problems recently with overclocked cards overheating and damaging the notebook, so have locked them altogether to prevent it happening any more.

It would be nice to get a little more out of it though, it *almost* does 1024x768 on med/low in BF2, just has the occasional glitch/freeze, would be nice to get it smooth on those settings. Failing that, can just wait for something to come out with a go7600/GT and order it though our toshiba spare parts acct :)

Question, has anyone come out with a new flash bios for the G25 that allows for OC'ing? Also, because our G25's run a pci-E 16X card, does that mean we can actually upgrade our cards?

Thanks in advance

The only way I could overclock my old Toshiba was to use RivaTuner, you may give that a try.

But, of course, be careful of hat you do. I'll just point and laugh if you burn out your card.

The only way I could overclock my old Toshiba was to use RivaTuner, you may give that a try.

But, of course, be careful of hat you do. I'll just point and laugh if you burn out your card.

I would, but according to the above posts, the bios in this particular model may be locked.

I would probably point and laugh at myself if i burned it out too. LOL only reason why is because i think the fan may be failing a second time and it probably has to go back for a second repair in 2 months for the same issue.

I am hoping it happens a third time, then possibly the "Lemon Law" can come into affect.