LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How can I see if DXVA is enable?

Nicola Visentin

I installed everything I could to make DXVA enable but I'm not sure about it...is there a way to see if it's enable?

It only activates when it's needed. If you have PowerDVD installed, you can check the "Configuration\Information" menu item while playing a DVD and see that it's working. Other players may have a similar feature.

It only activates when it's needed. If you have PowerDVD installed, you can check the "Configuration\Information" menu item while playing a DVD and see that it's working. Other players may have a similar feature.

Thanks for the advice...I tried and I seethat t's not enabled, then I tried to install WinDVD and while playing WMV HD, I noticed that % of CPU utilization is lower of about 15% from Windows MP and from PowerDVD and this happens also when playin' DivX and DVD so I assume that DXVA is enabled only with WinDVD...I installed all the patches for WMP but I cant do nohing to make them work with WMP10...

In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section of your inf, look for the following line:

HKR,, DXVAEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 4

If it's not there, add it and reinstall. You should be all set.

Will this work on an NV28? (my card)

Added that to John's INF, might re-install and see if I can get HD stuff to play back at a reasonable speed.

If it won't work I guess I won't bother trying though.

Yes, it should work, Bill. I don't know if you'll see any improvement in performance, though. It's supposed to kick in automatically when it's needed.