LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 420Go

julien_fr

New message :

Hello,

I always have problems with 72.14 drivers, for example windows bug after standby, or games freezes.

What is for you the best drivers today for my card ?

Thank you

Old message :

Hello,

Last year, there was a table on laptopvideo2go, on which I found information about official/unofficial drivers.

I used 71.89 WHQL drivers and with your help, I changed INF to not have black bar, standby problems.

Sometimes, I have freeze with games and I would like to know what is the most appropriate driver for my Geforce4 420Go 32Mb today.

Do I always have to change INF file ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by julien_fr

Yes, that table was very handy. The problem was that we've now got so many drivers it became difficult to navigate and sort through all the options.

In your case, I would try driver 72.14. It's the most recent driver that supports the PowerMizer features of your card. And yes, you also need to download the 72.14 inf to replace the inf that's included in the driver set.

Let us know if you have any trouble with it. Good luck!

If you don't care about powermizer, I would recommend the 81.98 driver.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

That page should be able to mod the INF for you to have the black bar fix.

I cant get Eve Online to run using the 81.98 driver on my 420Go, I'm just about to try the 72.14 driver

Am I missing something? The 72.14 driver modified inf doesnt seem to include the 420Go?

It's there - third from the top of the list. If you're getting an error message, make sure you've replaced the driver's inf with Pieter's version.

Thank you to all. I will try 72.14 and 81.98.

Once more, I will use enhancer.php to make inf if it's the best means.

Bye

I got it installed (think I must have got confused with what inf I was dealing with) but still have the same problem unfortunately (i.e. Eve wont run)

So Eve won't run on 81.98 with Pieter's regular mod INF?

What game is that again? I thought it stood for (evolution online but I think I am wrong, think that was EVO)

You should try that and maybe 77.77 with Pieter's mod INF. (also try 82.12 or some of the 83.xx drivers)

Checked and I think your pc meets the requirements.

http://www.eve-online.com/faq/faq_01.asp (bottem of page)

Since I have a suspicion your laptop will have the black bar issue, go here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

and select the 81.98 driver version then the Toshiba display fix for your LCD's screen res if it is listed. Hit submit and download the fixed INF then go here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8422

Get the 81.98 driver and follow the instruction links but use the fixed INF instead of the one linked in that thread.

• 6 months later...

see first post

Edited by julien_fr

I am also having this issue. What is the fix? Changing the value from 3 to 2 for that word doesnt affect nothing! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I am also having this issue. What is the fix? Changing the value from 3 to 2 for that word doesnt affect nothing! :)

I don't know. Today, when I use a recent nvidia driver + laptopvideo2go ini file, there is blue screen just before Windows XP logon screen.

Anybody knows what is the best driver for my card ?

*running to the panel warehouse*

smiley_faq_24.png