LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer 204tmi driver issues

biggy123

hey guys. im trying to update the drivers for my geforce 6200 64mb on my acer 204 but i cant get a driver that wont completely distroy the tablet mode.

i updated the drivers with the modifies .inf and the 0x40 change suggested somewhere else and it works to a degree.

the problem is that when i put the screen into tablet mode the screen keeps turning on and then off, as if i does not know what orientation to put the screen!.

i was hoping there is a fix for this in terms of a inf. when i installed the updated drivers with the .inf, everything else DID work fine though..except that.

anyone has any ideas?

Have a look in the modded INF for this line :

HKR,, RotateFlag, %REG_DWORD%, 4

Change the 4 to either '0x10' or '0x40' (exactly as you see it, very important)

Now reinstall the driver and you should come back here a very happy man :)

Fingers crossed, by setting it to 0x10 or 0x40 sets the rotation to Tablet mode.

hey, half way there. the screen rotated if i press the botton and it works pirfectly when i do press it. but the underlying propblem is still there,

when you put the tablet into tablet mode (lie the screen down) it almost seems like the tablet is confuzed on how to put the screen so it keeps changing, flashing the right way...then off again....but if you stand the screen up again it pops back into the right screen mode and it seems that nothing is wrong.

any idea on what it could be? i have now tiried both 0x40 and 0x10 with the same problem.

its almost as if the tablet doesnt understand what to do when i lie the screen down :S

did you mean put in the 0x10 with or without the ' because i added them without it.

Same issue here... I really need a new driver, the one that comes with the machine crashes with the blue screen of death and reboots when starting the Source engine (HL2/CS Source).

ahhh...that happy blue screen of death. you think they will ever try and fix this issue. frustrating that i bought this tablet because of the reasonable gfx but cant harness them for my favourite game. hmmm.

CAN ANIONE HELPPPPP

biggy123, I found a solution! :)

1. Download the official drivers from Nvidia download page (81.98)

2. Try to install, It will fail, but at least they are extracted in the C:\NVIDIA folder.

3. Enter in this folder and find the file nv4_disp.inf , open to edit it (Notepad).

4. Add a line in the [NVIDIA.Mfg] section:

%NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0167.2% = nv4_NV3x, 	PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0167&SUBSYS_007B1025

5. Add a line in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]:

HKR,, NvCplEnableRotatePage, %REG_DWORD%, 1

6. Change the line in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings], from:

HKR,, RotateFlag,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   %REG_DWORD%,	4

to:

HKR,, RotateFlag,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   %REG_DWORD%,	16

7. Add the line in ;Localizable Strings :

NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0167.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200"

8. Save the file and run the setup.exe

9. Happy playing for us! :)

1 thing....

U DA MAN.......

nice 1 man..works like a charm! amazing work...well played!

not only does hl2 work..but it works WELLLLL

made me the happiest person alive

• 3 months later...

I have an Acer 314 (with GeForce Go 6200 TurboCache) Tablet PC and the fixes for the screen rotation problem don't seem to work for me. Absolutely nothing seems to change if I modify the .INF or not. The driver version that I have from Acer is 72.50. I would like to get a new version (80+) because using it solves certain graphical issues in some games. However, the rotation feature disappears, giving the same sort of error cited by other members on this forum.

The driver I downloaded from laptopvideo2go.com is version 87.07, which I know is very "new". Does anyone know if using a slightly older version, like 84.xx or something, might make the "fix" for the rotation feature work?

I have an Acer 314 (with GeForce Go 6200 TurboCache) Tablet PC and the fixes for the screen rotation problem don't seem to work for me. Absolutely nothing seems to change if I modify the .INF or not. The driver version that I have from Acer is 72.50. I would like to get a new version (80+) because using it solves certain graphical issues in some games. However, the rotation feature disappears, giving the same sort of error cited by other members on this forum.

The driver I downloaded from laptopvideo2go.com is version 87.07, which I know is very "new". Does anyone know if using a slightly older version, like 84.xx or something, might make the "fix" for the rotation feature work?

After you changed the INF did you install the driver again ?

Modding INF doesn't do anyhing unless you install (INFs are used during the install process)

After you changed the INF did you install the driver again ?

Modding INF doesn't do anyhing unless you install (INFs are used during the install process)

I did install the driver correctly, however I found my mistake: the line where the one value needs to be changed from 4 to 0x40 occured twice in the INF. I did not realise this and changed it only once. Once I changed both occurances and reinstalled the driver, it worked perfectly. Yay!

Thanks.