LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Scrolling and Battlefield 2 Issues with Win XP X64

Simon.Challis

hey!

ive been having a problem with windows x64!

When i try to scroll it appeary jumpy or laggy, same with when i move a window across the screen! i was told it could be a Video Card driver, but i have no clue as to what driver i need :S ive never updated my gfx card driver b4!!!

I also have the problem that battlefield 2 isnt loading properly! the pre-loader screen comes up, the whole screen goes black, then it returns me to the desktop, without any error messages :S

I assume these 2 problems might be linked with eachother.

Which driver would be best for me to use? and what do i need to do to install it!?

I have an Acer Aspire 1513LMi

ive doubled the ram to 1024mb,

and it has a nVidia GeForce FX GO5700 64mb

Which would be the best driver for me and how do i go about installing it?

many thanks!

Simon

You'll need a relatively recent driver to get the best out of BF2, I have the most success with 81.98, which I've linked below for you..

Driver

inf

Download the driver package to your desktop and extract it, by default it will extract to a new folder on your desktop "8198". Drag-drop the new inf into this folder, click ok to replace the existing file.

Browse into folder "8198" and run setup.exe. Follow the prompts, click ok to any queries, reboot your machine at the end when prompted.

If you still have any issues let us know :)

You'll need a relatively recent driver to get the best out of BF2, I have the most success with 81.98, which I've linked below for you..

Driver

inf

Download the driver package to your desktop and extract it, by default it will extract to a new folder on your desktop "8198". Drag-drop the new inf into this folder, click ok to replace the existing file.

Browse into folder "8198" and run setup.exe. Follow the prompts, click ok to any queries, reboot your machine at the end when prompted.

If you still have any issues let us know :P

OMG!!!! YOU HAVE SAVED ME FROM COMMITING SUICIDE!!!! :O thanks SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

I reli gettin into X64 atm!!! i mita bin able to live wit the scrollers laggin... but living without bf2... noway!!!

THANKS!!!!!!! :) FANTASTIC TO HAVE IT BK! :)

It works?

Excellent!

Its solved the scrolling problem, but not only does it work, but all the colours appear much brighter, (could be me, i dont kno) but in BF2 ive seen atleast a 10% ingame improvement!!! ive managed to get all the settings on medium-high :O jese ive fallen inlove wit x64 now!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

i mite just have to reccoment this forum 2 all me m8s - This is the only forum outa 4 (INCLUDING the microsoft x64 forum) wit some1 who has helped me wit the video problem!!! i think im rather happy now :) :) lmao!

cheers!!!! :P