LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blue screen with 8x.xx on Toshiba Satellite 5100

Guest Peter

Hi,

thanks to your site I have successfully been using several different drivers on my Satellite 5100 (GeForce4 440 Go, Windows XP SP2 Home Edition), currently I'm using 78.01.

However all 8x.xx drivers I have tried cause a blue screen, today I tried 81.98 with the same result.

The drivers seems to install fine, but after restarting I get a blue screen with the following information only, ie. no driver name or anything:

*** STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0xF8300B55,0xF8B8D18C,0xF8B8CE88)

After this I have to revert to the previous "known good configration" and I'm back at 78.01 again.

Any ideas?

Peter

Try using safe mode and get rid of the "PhantomDevices" in the Device Manager (if any). See here for instructions: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=646

After that, reinstall the driver:

- delete all INFs which resides in the driver (you downloaded from us) directory, THEN put in "Pieter's mobile INF" for that driver version.

- Use "HaveDisk" method (...showtopic=33, link above) to install driver

Also i suggest cleaning your fan :)

Hope that helps

®®®

Rene when are you coming back?

Much has changed since you left. (and more changes to come)

You need to come back and get your leading post count title back.

Hi,

I tried those methods but still the same blue screen. I reinstalled 78.01 which is the latest driver that seems to work on this laptop.

I haven't cleaned the fan though yet...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same blue screen problem. And believe me I tried everything. I have an FX Go 5700 on a Toshiba Qosmio F10. I cannot even install the drivers, because during installation a blue screen halts me. There must be a way or some solution to this, but I am no computer guru. Please help!

Well, another victim of the 80's bsods....

I read on the nvdia forum similar issues with desktop graphics cards...

I think it's an 8x.xx forceware fault... infact i can't explain why i am installing all other versions of drivers (at last i can install 79.70 and they run very good)....

bah.... :) ... btw if anyone can solve the problem, he will be a great man!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spaniard

I know this topic is a couple weeks old now, but I wanted to bring this topic back up because we need to shed some light on this problem and make some headway. maybe we can try to figure it out together. I also have BSOD problems on 8x.xx drivers. I run a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S701 and a 64MB NVIDIA Geforce4 440 Go. I've tried 81.89, as well as every driver from 82.04 through 83.90...no success. I had been running 67.50 earlier and I'm trying to find a new(er) driver, maybe I'll get 78.01 a shot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clearscreen

been having this problem as well with a go fx 5700. i was wondering if it was a problem caused by XP MCE, but i guess not... does anyone have any ideas?

I still stick with 72.14, had not the time to try out 80s drivers yet :)

Some people report that any driver higher than 74.xx does not work for Toshiba 5000/5100/5200

They run without crashing here (FX Go5600) but there is a video rendering problem after 73.40.

Same problems here (also GeForce 5700 Go on Toshiba Qosmio F10). Every driver in the 8x.xx does not work as during installation the whole system crashes. By disabling the NVidia services (in safe mode) the computer does boot, but hasn't installed the driver.

So, I think the problems are the consequence of the services. Hope someone solves these problems soon!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TobyR

Hi,

I'm running a Toshiba S2410-504 which contains a 32MB Geforce 420 GO!

I've tried a couple of the 8x drivers, no success either, I get a bluescreen but it doesn't stop on error, just reboots, can't remember how to re-enable it.

Anyone found a solution to this?