LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with Geforce Fx Go 5700

Guest Mikkel Jensen

Guest Mikkel Jensen

Hello.

Im having a problem with my go 5700 card. I've tried almost every recommended driver, but the problem will not go away.

When running 3d games (mostly Fable, WoW) the game runs smoothly (at the beginning), and I couldnt be happier. But every 40 secs or so the game(s) seems to start lagging (low fps) for about 5-10 secs and then return to normal fps. For example WoW will run at 20 fps (its online) and its looking good, then suddenly the fps plummits to 3-4 fps, then after 5-10 secs back to 20 fps, and the same goes for Fable.

I installed some rather old drivers, just to try them out, and when running games, I saw that my screen went black for just a fraction of a second before going low fps, and then a graction of a sec black when the game returned to normal fps. Im running 82.12 right now and I dont see any brief black screen before the low fps starts.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing these periodically low fps I would be very glad to hear about it.

Regards Mikkel Jensen

Can be because of overheating. Try cleaning your fans and checking the temperature with a utility like MobileMeter found in utilities section. Also have you tried clean installation of Windows? Something might be wrong in the background.

Guest Mikkel Jensen
Can be because of overheating. Try cleaning your fans and checking the temperature with a utility like MobileMeter found in utilities section. Also have you tried clean installation of Windows? Something might be wrong in the background.

Used MobileMeter and got 62 and 72, havent tried a fresh reinstalla though. My sound crackles while Im playing, could it be a conflict of some sort?

Temperatures seems to be normal but are they while computer is idle or while playing games and having freeze?

Try updating sound card drivers, maybe try games with audio drivers uninstalled/audio acceleration off. If those don't work and you have nothing to lose I would suggest a fresh install then try the games without installing anything else but the essential stuff and see if they work normal so you can have an idea if that is a software or hardware issue.

I get the same problem, and theres no drivers for this card on the nvidia site.

Sound card is a run of the mill thing in the HP Pavilion zd7000.

touted as a direct X 9 machine, after a year I am sorely dissapointed to still not be able to find drivers for the graphics card.

recently the card has been crashing, so I've had to turn hardware acceleration off alltogether. this thing overheats on a daily basis.