LaptopVideo2Go Forums

VGA to SVHS/composite cable

Jeroen

I saw such a cable on the internet, and as I have seen, there are some laptops dat don't have a shvs port, so I was wondering if this cable would work, and if the quality would be the same as with an integrated svhs port

in the attachment there is a picture of the cable

jeroen.

post-722-1138532165_thumb.jpg

If you have a real nvidia or ATI card it might work with that, you would probably need specific driver support or something, and I am sure integrated cards can't do it.

I have really never seen a cable like that before and I would be surprised if it worked for you.

People without S-Video/composite usually use a converter box, I have even seen a USB2 box as well, but it is probably not any good.

Well, the problem is, I saw a great ASUS laptop (ASUS V6J) but I was reading some reviews and it seems there isn't an SVHS or Composite with this one (it's not mentioned in the specifications either)

If you really want to buy that laptop my suggestion to you would be to get the thing on Ebay and maybe we can figure out how to get it to work, if so then get the laptop.

All I can find out is the graphics card must support TV out through VGA, the one you linked might since there is no port for it.

You should bug ASUS about it.