LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro 700 goGL installed

jlangton

Finally got around to installing the Quadro 700 card in my M50 replacing the old Quadro 500 that came in it.

Nice improvement in performance,and it benchmarks fairly well with the OE Dell driver.

It scores an 8293 in 3DMark2001 right out of the box without a single change to the Dell 42.57 driver,and it's nice to be able to run all of the tests.Also changed out the old 1.8Ghz CPU with a 2.0Ghz until I can round up a 2.4-2.6Ghz CPU.

Seems a bit peppier,but no really big noticeable differences in CPU performance from a 1.8 to the 2.0.

Put the old Quadro 500 in the wife's C840 replacing the GeForce go 440 64MB card,and put that card in another C840 that had a 32mb card in it.That was a very noticeable difference...... :)

JL

Didn't think the Quadro go500 would make much difference with the 440go as they are based on the same internals.

The Q go700 being based on the go4200 should make quite a difference over the Q go500.

42.57 is probably one of the best Quadro go700 drivers out there.

Also try 44.68 my favourite driver of all time (Dell)

Good to be able to update video cards to get a little more life from a machine :)

Didn't think the Quadro go500 would make much difference with the 440go as they are based on the same internals.

The Q go700 being based on the go4200 should make quite a difference over the Q go500.

42.57 is probably one of the best Quadro go700 drivers out there.

Also try 44.68 my favourite driver of all time (Dell)

Good to be able to update video cards to get a little more life from a machine :)

Yes it is good to be able to max one out to make it last for awhile.

Honestly-this M50 is almost as good as my GX240 that I use for a desktop. Only reason I bought a laptop was for easier tuning of the Electronic Engine Controls on my 1997 Thunderbird. I liked the C840/M50 because I can run dual batts for longer useage away from AC power,and not have to lug an inverter around all the time.

I didn't notice any kind of difference in the Quadro 500 vs the Go 440 on the wife's machine,but I figured it was the better of the 2 cards,so why not.

JL

The Quadro go500 is the better choice as it's a go440 but with moddeling acceleration.

Basicly turning the C840 into the M50

What mainstream GPU is the Quadro 700 based off of?

I see it described as an NV28 on the Dell specs,but have no idea what that GPU is commonly known as.

JL

The GF4 4200go, the NV28 was a very good GPU as it was a desktop GPU modded with Powermizer.

So they ran very quick (even quicker than a go5200), used more power because it was desktop based.