Driver Version: 83.60 (8.3.6.0)

Driver Date: 2006-01-19

Driver Size: 23.6MB

Driver Released by: Dell

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files : True

Comments

Dell Mobile driver supports probably all their laptops ever made.

This driver has both the new and old Control Panel included (why it's so big)

Having some problems with enableing both in the modded INF.

Old

Attached below is a modded INF that will work with both Control Panels.

It has very limited GPU features enabled, ie standby/resume might not work etc.

But it's there for those that like this sort of stuff to look at.

I can't for the life of me get this driver modded with all features enabled and both control panels

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce 2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)
  • GeForce FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)
  • GeForce FX Go5700: HERE from zipper (v53.51 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)
  • GeForce Go 6800: HERE from miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: HERE from jamesd (v79.31 - current)

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

Edited by Teraphy

Have just discovered if you can't get the new Control Panel try this:

'Start', 'Run', type in 'services.msc'

Go down to 'NVIDIA Display Driver Service' then Properties (or double click it)

Now 'Startup type' should be automatic or manual, NOT disabled.

Under Service status, click start.

Now you should have a working New Control Panel.

This will work on the fly so the CP will be available as soon as this is done, no reboot required.

having this service enabled can (does) cause problems with some laptops.

They have errors when shutting down and some other problems, which are fixed when this service is disabled.

In my modded INF this service is disabled for all Mobile GPU's but enabled for desktop and Quadro's where there seems to be no problems.

Hope this helps.

Hi Pieter,

I've installed these earlier with your regular modified inf and the new control panel comes up blank. But I see you have put another inf down below your post, so perhaps I shall try that one.

I was just looking at that inf attached to your post and some lines look kinda different to me. There are sections where the device ID have two commas like for example this one..

%NVIDIA_NV18.DEV_018C.1% = nv4_WinXP,, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_018C

..and the spacing is not uniform throughout the inf device section. Are those GPUs that don't support the new control panel or something? I look at the other inf I used earlier and there is only one comma in between there.

It's probably no big deal because they appear to be older GPUs, but you know me (always being curious) :)

I'll give that other inf a try soon and let you know how it goes. I'm interested to see if the new CP works with SLI or not.

P.S. - Love what you guys have done with the site recently! :) It looks real sweet. Keep up the great work!

NV18s should work with the newer control panel.

Pieter is on an NV11 I think and it works for him.

If there is a problem with the INF I'm sure he will fix it when he gets back.

I used the other inf and now the CP works (with SLI too) :) Unfortunately it is still quite buggy as I had it crash on me at least 3 times today. But I assume that is mistakes in nVidia's programming of the Control Panel.

On a side note, it seems nVidia has changed the command to load Color Correction panel, as that button on my tray tools no longer works. Perhaps I'll just replace it with the overlay applet instead.

Hi Pieter,

I've installed these earlier with your regular modified inf and the new control panel comes up blank. But I see you have put another inf down below your post, so perhaps I shall try that one.

I was just looking at that inf attached to your post and some lines look kinda different to me. There are sections where the device ID have two commas like for example this one..

%NVIDIA_NV18.DEV_018C.1% = nv4_WinXP,, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_018C

..and the spacing is not uniform throughout the inf device section. Are those GPUs that don't support the new control panel or something? I look at the other inf I used earlier and there is only one comma in between there.

It's probably no big deal because they appear to be older GPUs, but you know me (always being curious) :)

P.S. - Love what you guys have done with the site recently! :P It looks real sweet. Keep up the great work!

That INF is the one I made first as I couldn't get my standard INF to work with the new CP (due NV services I found out later)

It hasn't been fixed up (nice spacing etc) as I made it just for the new CP and old CP to work at once.

The commas would have been missed in my automated replace txt with other txt.

There should only be 1 comma :)

No matter, as the enabling nvservices should enable the new CP, not ideal for me due to those memory errors that follow on shutdown and uninstall of driver.

No matter, as the enabling nvservices should enable the new CP

When I install the drivers with the 1st modified INF above, it shows both buttons to load the new and old control panels. But the new one always came up blank for me, even with the NVIDIA service enabled and started :)

Is that right?

When I install the drivers with the 1st modified INF above, it shows both buttons to load the new and old control panels. But the new one always came up blank for me, even with the NVIDIA service enabled and started :)

Is that right?

I only get the empty box (New CP) with the services off, as soon as I enable the service the panels show up.

Also once this has been done I can disable the services again and still have the new CP.

Not tried a reboot yet to see if still enables the new CP after the bootup.

Interesting times

Unfortunately it is still quite buggy as I had it crash on me at least 3 times today. But I assume that is mistakes in nVidia's programming of the Control Panel.

How hard can it be to program a new control panel? I guess even Nvidia doesn't know what their registry entries do either. This is getting rediculious :)

Guest speaker

I used the 1st modded inf file and both control panels worked on my XPS2 laptop. the 2nd modded inf worked both c. panels but GTASA would not load- so I went back to the 1st inf & everything is 100% GTASA, Farrcry-NFSMW look sweet. I like these 30.60- once again thanks for the work on the modded inf. files you guys do :)

I have a problem with this driver and the 83.40. The fan in my m3438g doest stop anymore. Is that thermal_reg tweak still working with this driver?

I get a Empty Box too ... there stand only "Eine Katerogie wählen"..

I have the 6800Go...äh...help?

I get a Empty Box too ...

I'm getting the same thing. Tried turning the service to automatic and rebooting, still nothing. Guess I'll just wait it out for the next release with the Control Panel .cpl.

I'm still on the 82.10's here. I'm wondering if this will help improve things in terms of Direct 3D performance. :)

dont forget to start it

T0_-1_1146726.PNG

Tried that, turned it to automatic, then started. Opened the panel and nothing. Restarted (which if i hadnt of started it the first time would have started it) And checked again, still nothing being displayed.

Well, don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a strange BSOD which I thought was the NoNX game-quit crash, but turned out to be something else.. not sure why I get the silly IRQ bug when I quit Far Cry.

Odd :)

The control panel doesn't work for me either.

The solution is, edit your boot.ini and edit the /NoExecute to AlwaysOff

(disable write protection before saving boot.ini)

/NoExecute=AlwaysOff

NOW, NX-Bit feature is OFF and you´ll see, all crashing problems and BSOD´s are gone

At some systems it might also be needed to set this feature OFF in System BIOS too to have it working properly :)