LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sager 9860 GF 6800 Go

Guest FastZ28

Guest FastZ28

I've had this laptop for about a year. After about 6 months I've been having video issues. I've recently reformatted and installed the 7770 drivers from Sagers site. It worked for about a week then the artifacts in games returned then it would lock up on desktop and the monitor would blink off and on. So today I found this site and tried about 4 different drivers along with the inf's. It boots up without a driver installed for the GF 6800 Go. Soon as I install a driver it goes black and I have to turn it off and boot into safe mode to uninstall driver. The 7770 from sager installs fine but if I restart it doesn't boot up. Back to safe mode and uninstall. When I say doesn't boot up it gets to the windows loading screen then after that it goes black. Sometimes the cursor will show up for a minute then it goes black. So what do I do now?

It is a Sager 9860

P4 3.0ghz

1gig ram

2 40gig hdds in raid

GF 6800 Go

What drivers have you tried?

I would recommend that you uninstall from add remove programs, run a driver cleaner, then try the 81.98 driver with Pieter's standard mod INF.

What kind of video issues? Were you running a game?

If it overheated or something you might have to get a new graphics card.

If the new driver still gets you a black screen try finding this in the modded INF file and remove the ; from the second line.

;if upon reboot after install you have a black screen remove the ';' from line below and reinstall driver.
;HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]  %REG_DWORD%,	1

Removing the semicolon enables the ModesetBlankDelay tweak.

Click the driver recommend link in my sig for quick links to the driver, INF, install guide, ect.

Guest FastZ28

Well I uninstalled like you said and ran the driver cleaner. Then installed the driver you recommended and restarted. Got to the desktop and the screen started blinking. So I guess the card is toast. :)

I've tried the 7770

My wife was playing a Harry Potter game and it was blocky looking when it first started having problems.

Thanks for your help.

Any advice one where to pick up another video card?