LaptopVideo2Go Forums

a little extra help?

tanv28

hey there

first of all, this site has bn such an amazing help with the laptop drivers!

i wanted to ask if this was possible....

ive recently joined the world of stereo 3d gaming and it is simply amazing!

the problem is...

the stereo 3d drivers only go upto 78.01 and unfortunately you can only use the same version graphics card drivers (ie 78.01 is the latest possible).

so anyone wanting to play in stereo 3d is stuck with 78.01 graphics card drivers.

is there any brave soul out there that could mod the stereo drivers so they cld be used with all the latest nvidia drivers?

this would be such an immense help!

What you are asking for is probably impossible right now.

The actual driver files in the stereo drivers are made for a spefic version, you would have to do some crazy reverse engineering and know lots of programming to be able to mod those probably.

You could try editing the INF in the stereo drivers, but your basically asking for buggy drivers, as you would have serious version mismatch problems.

Your best bet is to go on the nvidia forums into the stereo section and bug them till they release a new one. (or directly contact nvidia if you know how to)

Last time I remember everyone asking, nvidia did listen and get one out, who knows they might be working on one for 81.98 right now, or maybe one to coincide with their next official driver release, which might happen pretty soon.

I bet there concentrating more on a newer driver, then they will get stereo out for it, next official will probably be 85+ series.

I'll look at the latest stereo drivers later, but it probably won't work.

thanks for the info!

i live on hope for new drivers like most other stereogamers!

but it seems very quiet on the stereo 3d front! nvidia dont even seem to be mentioning working on newer drivers or anything!

can be a lil bit annoying at times!

cheers 4 the input tho!

A little question from me - you seem to have 5200-902 and so GFFX5600Go card. I was wondering if you are having any problems with divx or any video (diagonal line, no video, choppy video) with drivers 78.01 or whatever you use newer than 73.40?

A little question from me - you seem to have 5200-902 and so GFFX5600Go card. I was wondering if you are having any problems with divx or any video (diagonal line, no video, choppy video) with drivers 78.01 or whatever you use newer than 73.40?

nope never had any video problems.

Hmm I'm starting to think that it is my configuration then. Are you using any codec packs or anything?