LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Medal Of Honor, Pacific Assault

Guest David

Hey, I just bought Medal Of Honor Pacific assault and it isn't allowing me to play. A message comes up, and it tells me

''Medal of Honor Pacific Assault requires a video card that fully supports DirectX 8.1

The video card in this system does not fully support DirectX 8.1

The following video cards have been tested under Windows 2000 and Windows XP:

ATI Radeon 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, and 9800.

ATI Radeon x300, x600, x600 and x 800.

Nvideo GeForce 3, 3ti, 4, 4tin. Nvidia GeForceFX 5200, 5300, 5500, 5600, 5700, 5750, 5900 and 5950.

Nvidia GeForce 6800.''

Now this makes NO SENSE to me, because my computer has DirectX9 installed, so why is 8.1 a problem? My video card is a ''NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M''

I don't know if I need to download drivers to play MoHPA or if it's completley impossible to play it on this computer. Please give me some answers.

Pease excuse me for my lack of knowledge with these things, Thank you.

~ Ðave.

Gaming section please :)

I hate to be the harbinger of sorrow but according to Nvidia's website:

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault requires Pixel Shader support in order to run. Pixel Shader is a hardware feature not available in older NVIDIA based graphics cards. The following GPU's do not support Pixel Shaders and will not run Medal of Honor Pacific Assault:

Riva TNT

Riva TNT2 M64, Riva TNT2, Riva TNT2 Pro, Riva TNT2 Ultra, Aladdin TNT2

Vanta

Geforce 256 DDR/SDR

Gefprce2 MX, Geforce2 GTS, Geforce2 GTS Pro, Geforce2 Ultra, Geforce2 Go, Geforce2 Integrated GPU

Geforce 3, Geforce3 Ti 200, Geforce3 Ti 500

Geforce4MX, Geforce4 MX Go, Geforce4 Integrated GPU

Quadro

Quadro2 EX/MXR, Quadro2 Pro, Quadro2 Go

Quadro4 380 XGL, Quadro4 500 XGL, Quadro4 550 XGL, Quadro4 580 XGL

Quadro NVS

Since Pixel Shaders is a hardware feature, it cannot be added via a driver update. If you have a graphics card which uses a GPU from the list above, you will need to replace your graphics card with a newer model which supports Pixel Shaders. Please visit the following URL for information on the latest NVIDIA graphics card solutions available:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/desktop.html

Sorry dude, :)

Yep, your card is DX7, you will need to upgrade it to a GeForce 4200 go, or the Quadro4 700 GoGL if those are possible, or any GeForce FX go or GF6+ go.

If you can't do that on your laptop, get a cheap desktop card, can get a GF FX card cheap these days if you have a desktop lying around with a P4 in it.

You can try to use a program to get that game to run, but in my experience it won't look pretty. (reallly bad graphics glitches, if it runs at all)

I'm sure you could have told him that Rene. :)

i could... but i knew it was only 20 bucks.